top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - my mother's CH7 is filed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official - my mother's CH7 is filed!

So, it's official now. I received her case-number half an hour ago.

I'll keep you folks updated!
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

great news IBroke!! it will go smoothly!! i know it!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Wonderful, her freshstart will be soon.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Congratulations!! I am sure everything will go smoothly.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks, folks!

Her case is a bit more complicated than mine (asset-case, she owns the home and is going to strip the 2nd mortgage) so the "hamster dance" will probably have to wait a bit longer than usual. Her attorney, though, seems to be great and knows what he's doing.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

glad to hear she has a good atty for an asset case.

yes, we all the hamster dance!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              glad to hear she has a good atty for an asset case.
              True - although we're not too concerned about her assets. We had a professional appraisal done prior to filing (the attorney was so smart to request that prior to filing) and it turned out she only has $2,300 in assets - including cash. So after all, only $1,300 above the exemption.

Comment

Update:

I just checked PACER and my mother's 341 is on April, 19th.

Interesting is that the notification on PACER was issued via "Form B9A (Chapter 7 Individual or Joint Debtor No Asset Case)"

To the experts: Does this have any meaning since I was under the impression that it was an asset-case?

Comment

Time for another update:

I just checked PACER on my mother's case and I just found out that she was discharged yesterday. Guess we are on track!

Of course, it'll probably take an additional 90 days before the case will close. It's an asset-case and the creditors were granted a timeline 'til September, 19th to file any proof of claim. By that date, my mother will also have paid her final installment to the trustee (so far, we made 1 of 4 payments at about $365 each to cover assets exceeding her exemption).

Last week, her attorney mailed us a fat envelope, containing a total of six (!!) motions she had to sign. Five were for lien avoidance on her various open judgments against her and the sixth was my personal favorite: The motion to strip the wholly unsecured second mortgage. Yay!

That was basically the most important document in her entire case.

Yesterday, I also started her credit-monitoring and -rebuilding. She was already approved for her first CC. It was a pre-approval from Credit One and since I used (and am still using) the same card to rebuild my credit, I went for it since I'm familiar with them.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ibroke and to your mother!!! Now will your mother be able to get online and enjoy her Dance of Victory? If not, you can enjoy it for/with her. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      CONGRATULATIONS ibroke and to your mother!!! Now will your mother be able to get online and enjoy her Dance of Victory? If not, you can enjoy it for/with her. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks, AngelinaCat!

I'll show her "THE DANCE" this evening!

Comment

Keep us in the loop on the lien strip. they havent filed my satisfaction yet, so i am probably going to have to pursue that shortly. ugh.

Comment

CongRATs lol! Hope Mom enjoys getting down with the varmints!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                            CongRATs lol! Hope Mom enjoys getting down with the varmints!
                            Oh, yes, she certainly does. LOL!

Comment

Great News

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X