top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official - my mother's CH7 is filed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks, folks!

I guess that was the "hardest" part - although I'm having difficulties calling it that way because everything went so smooth. Her attorney is really doing a great job and the fact that I filed a few years ago certainly helped as well. And last but not least, this forum is a great backup, too. I'm always trying to contribute to it by answering questions as good as I can but that is only possible due to what I learned here in the first place.

I'll certainly keep you all up to date when I get new info about my mother's case.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

you sure do contribute IBroke!! and many thanks goes out to you. i know you are the credit guru LOL!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Time for another update:

This month, the final installment was paid to the trustee and three days ago, the trustee filed the "Bill of Sale" - so in other words, all of my mother's personal property that exceeded her exemptions is now officially hers again. It's also a great feeling, knowing that we have now paid the last obligation in regards to the entire BK-procedure. It started with the installments towards the filing- and attorney-fees and went on with the trustee-payments. Now paying is over and it's time to "harvest" the lien-stripping.

We were advised that the motion to strip the second mortgage would be filed any day now - and THIS is basically the reason why she filed in the first place.

When I checked PACER today, I also noticed that the trustee filed several objections to claims creditors made towards the few assets that will be distributed. She did so because according to her, the debt would be older than 5 years (so I guess she claimed they reached their SOL) which is accurate. Lets see how that plays out.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Hi IBroke. This is GREAT! The end is near.

Refresh my memory please; where is Mom living?
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              Hi IBroke. This is GREAT! The end is near.

Refresh my memory please; where is Mom living?
              We are living together, north of Tampa (Florida Middle District).

Comment

Hmm, I just received a FICO Score-Watch Alert for my Mum's Equifax-score:

I don't know why - but her score just went up from 599 to 627. Very strange but hey, I won't be complaining...unless she pulls off the stunt and beats my score any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                  Hmm, I just received a FICO Score-Watch Alert for my Mum's Equifax-score:

I don't know why - but her score just went up from 599 to 627. Very strange but hey, I won't be complaining...unless she pulls off the stunt and beats my score any time soon
                  Double-check with the bank, and your Mother's attorney. This sounds like a scam to me.

I have been listening to Consumer Advocate, Clark Howard several times a week now, as I drive home from work. It seems that the 'scamsters' are hard at work trying to burrow into our pockets....
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    Double-check with the bank, and your Mother's attorney. This sounds like a scam to me.

I have been listening to Consumer Advocate, Clark Howard several times a week now, as I drive home from work. It seems that the 'scamsters' are hard at work trying to burrow into our pockets....
                    Hmm, AngelinaCat, are you sure you wanted to quote my post with your response? I'm asking because I can't figure out what you mean. Double-check with what bank? Ask the attorney about my mother's credit-score? Scam on myfico.com?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X