top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Millions declaring BK 7, how do they handle HUGE medical crisis/bills after Bk?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Millions declaring BK 7, how do they handle HUGE medical crisis/bills after Bk?

With Millions declaring BK 7 how do they handle HUGE medical crisis/bills after BK?

Thank you for you kind replys,
    i appreciate you sharing your story of strength and hope.

Here are my #1 Scariest concern about filing a no asset BK7. (it keeps me up at night, hurts my stomach, and is the #1 reason i am scared to file bk,)

1) what if you have a serious expensive medical crisis, after you have aready filed? you cant Bk. you already dropped your nuke. You are trapped. Sick, Broke, Health care is bad enough supposedly good hospitals, I cant even imagine being forced to going the worst.) sick. trapped. bills keep mounting. no way out. scary. (my mom died of bad medical care with ins.)

2) Even if you have medical insurance, the deductable and out of pocket is thousands.
    What are your REAL not smartass options if you get seriously ill and you already filed BK 7?

WHAT ARE THE REAL SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM AFTER YOU HAVE FILED BK?

AND I mean besides:

1) Obama care will fix it.
    2) Go to cook county hospital - awful care
    3) Go on medicare - awful care.
    4) go to the emergency room.
    5) dont get sick. Die quickly

THOUGHTS OR REAL SOLUTIONS?

How is it any less scary before bankruptcy? Do you still have a line a credit where you can pick and choose providers?

Comment

How many times are you going to ask this question?

You need to rid yourself of the notion that bk solves all problems. It doesn't. Post bk you still have to support yourself which is why I suggest people not file until they have some minimal safety net in place for life post bk. Your best bet is to be certain you have a job that offers health insurance benfits before you file.

Comment

thank you for all your thoughts. I will answer all questions. I am looking for constructive comments and solutions please
        This is a real question, and even if i am the only one who asks it. Perhaps others will benefit from the replys.

1) I have never been anything but self employed so employee Health ins is not an option. GOOD THOUGHT THOUGH THANKS!
        2) I am going to ask it until I get real grounded answers that work in real life instead of simple smart ass deflections.
        I am going to keep asking it until I feel that place in your stomach when you have done all you could and now let it go.
        I am going to keep asking it until I find a few wise souls who have been there and are wiling to share what they did to deal with the fear. and then found imperfect solutions that work post BK.
        3) I just dont understand how with over a million people this happens to every year, there must be people who have thought of better solutions then I know of or can even conceive to that problem.
        4) it is awful but not as scary before BK because it will all be discharged, - After Bk you have already dropped your one NUKE.
        and if you get ill, even with ins. (mine went up 40% this year) there is no way out of the huge bills, which will affect your choices and quality of care. - Or so i imagine. Am I really the only one that has this fear of being trapped with a medical crisis after BK?

Comment

I am ok with a combining of the threads if the content is kept from both if someone knows how.

Comment

Keepmine is giving you good advice.
            We are self employed also, so I get where you are at. And in fact, haven't filed yet largely due to a tentative insurance situation, looming medical bills, and knowing we won't be any better off afterwards. I am hoping that next year we will finally have affordable coverage with Obamacare and maybe.... just maybe.... will finally be able to file.
            I guess you just have to have a little faith and hope. And file when you need to or are ready to.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by slvnomore View Post
              2) I am going to ask it until I get real grounded answers that work in real life instead of simple smart ass deflections.
              I am going to keep asking it until I feel that place in your stomach when you have done all you could and now let it go.
              I am going to keep asking it until I find a few wise souls who have been there and are wiling to share what they did to deal with the fear. and then found imperfect solutions that work post BK.
              slvnomore, it is against forum rules to post the same question twice. I am closing this thread. This conversation can be continued in the thread keepmine linked to. You have received real grounded answers in that thread.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X