Today's the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's the day!

Today is my 341 meeting, at last. Can't say I'm overly nervous at this point but we'll see how I'll be by 11:00 this morning. Still haven't decided what I'm going to say when they ask about the house reaffirmation but something will come to me by then. I've not had any contact with my lawyer since I signed the papers, so I did send him an email on Monday asking what time I should be there and for sure what I should bring with me. I received a reply to be there 'by 11:00' (really?) At least I know he's showing up....I think. I plan to be there at least an hour early so I can watch how things go. There should be no red flags, I don't really expect anyone to show up as a creditor unless it's the bank wondering why I didn't sign the reaffirmation papers.

At any rate, wish me luck and I'll let you know how it went when I get home! Thanks for answering all my questions so far!

Good luck, I doubt if it will come up, They are mainly looking for assets .

We recently went for Hubby and It was not asked.
    I know I was dreading mine and it was 5 mins if that and I was out the door.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Good luck, I have my 341 in one week.

Comment

11:34, I'm sure it will be awhile, but I'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear how it went for you.

Comment

Keep us posted!
          Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
          Discharged! June 28, 2012
          CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Hope everything worked out

Comment

Well We are waiting..
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

It's over!

I would have written earlier but I needed to replace some lost sleep when I got home and process my thoughts a bit! I got there early enough to watch 7-8 people go ahead of me..Most of them lasted about 4-5 minutes, no assets and nobody with a house that they weren't reaffirming...no help there. lol! Then came the couple before me....more on that in a bit.

The trustee was very nice, humorous, and easy going. My lawyer did show up for me and sat with me at the table. I answered his questions yes, sir, no, sir quickly and then he came to the real estate.... Did I own any? Yes. What did I believe it was worth? I told him. He said where did you come up with that amount. I told him that from my real estate taxes. He said what do you think you could sell it for? I said, probably for just about that much. Just he was ready to close me out, weheard a voice coming from behind us. Uh oh.. I turned around and there sat the loan officer from the bank!

The trustee turned on his recorder again and he questioned the bank guy. He said that the bank was under the impression that I was going to reaffirm with them and if I'm not, what is the position of the bank then. The trustee asked him what he thought the house was worth and of course he gave him the appraisal value they got when I got the loan. Trustee says well that's a bit difference from what I put down. Trustee asks loan officer (who is incredibly nervous and very uncomfortable where he is) what he actually thinks he could sell it for and he said, probably no more than what she said. (Thank you GOD!) My lawyer actually spoke up and explained that it was my intention to reaffirm but had second thoughts. The trustee stared at the loan officer for a bit longer, looked at me and said I'm declaring this a no asset case and you will have to talk to this lady and her lawyer about where you're going from here on the house. WOOT! WOOT!

After we left the meeting room, my lawyer explained to this man what it meant for me not to reaffirm, but that didn't take away the banks right to pursue foreclosure if I were to default. They just can't come after me for any deficiency. I know this loan officer, like I said small town living. We actually parked right next to each other and I walked with him as we went there. I tried not to say to much, but I did tell him that it IS my intention to keep paying as I am, and if it was getting to the point where I couldn't do it anymore, I would just put the house on the market. He said I'd get a lot more for it than they would anyway...lol So all being said, I believe I'm in the 60 day club, folks!! I'll check my pacer later tonite or tomorrow.

Side note: The couple before me were divorced and were missing all kinds of paperwork, had a 10K tax refund (Where do you get those anyway?) and he wants to know how the ex-wife managed to spend 4300 in two weeks before they filed? He wants checks from her showing where it went! I smell a dismissal in the air. Their case was continued, needless to say!

Thank you, all, for answering all my questions and letting me vent about my lawyer etc. You've been cyber angels!
                Last edited by TRfromillino; 04-10-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: wasn't finished!

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!!!!!

Comment

Yeah! Love the great news! I'll bet you slept better than you have in weeks!! 60 days will over before you know it.

Comment

Great news! And it sounded like your lawyer kind of stepped up for you at the last minute? Congratulations!!! I bet you are so relieved!

Comment

I am relieved! I honestly felt like my lawyer wasn't on board with me not reaffirming, but maybe he decided to do some research and he jumped right in and I didn't have to correct him at all! lol! I believe the bank will continue to let me stay and pay. I would also like them to continue to report my payments to the credit agencys but that might be too much...lol. They did thru March tho, so maybe!

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the 60 Day Club! Congrats also on being declared 'No Asset' then and there!

We are holding casting calls for a special dancing troupe of Hamsters for you!
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X