top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage Question - Mortgage transferred during chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Question - Mortgage transferred during chapter 7?

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum...

I received a notice today from Bank of America that they have transferred our home loan to Nationstar Mortgage. We are not reaffirming the mortgage. 341 was at the end of April, so we were hoping for discharge end of June. We plan to stay and pay. Anyone have any experience with this happening during this process? Curious to know if this has an effect or if our lawyer should do something with this information....

Thanks for your help!

Jenn

This is typical and is not a violation of the automatic stay. In fact, debt is often sold during active Chapter 13s. Now, BofA could either be just transferring your mortgage as a normal act of business (they have been moving loans around recently). Or, they could be moving the loan because it is bankruptcy. BofA has never moved my mortgage, but I have read, recently, that they are moving bankruptcy-related loans to a different servicer. That could be so that it is handled properly.

Are you doing a pay and stay? (Just wondering... has nothing to do with my response.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for your response! Yes, we are doing a stay and pay.

I actually spoke with my lawyer today and she told me not to worry that this does happen a lot. She stated since the original creditor was listed in the BK paperwork that there is nothing to worry about! Hopefully, this is the least of our worries. It will be nice once we can move past this process and begin again We're past the tough points, just waiting for discharge now!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X