Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Days as of today!!

Question...what happens now??
    1. Will I receive a letter of "discharge" from the court??
    2. Does the discharge also mean the case is closed?
    3. And lastly...how long before I see all of this on "Pacer"? I read the "trustee report" on Pacer

1. Yes, you will get a letter from the court. If you used an attorney, you will also get a copy of the same letter, mailed from his/her office.

2. If your case was a very simple, straightforward no-asset case, the Close can come at the same times as the Discharge. Or it may follow a few days later. If your case was more complicated, or an Asset case, the Close will probably not come for several weeks, perhaps months.

3. If you follow Pacer like we did, which was to look almost every day, you will see the notices and all on PACER before anything arrive in the mail.

To follow up: some districts are more automated than others, and once the clock ticks past Day 60, and into Day 61, you will get the automated Discharge. If your district is less automated, it may be several days--depending on the workload--before the caseworker handling your case, logs your Discharge.

Good luck to you..... I am ready to send you your Hamster Troupe.....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Methinks you should be discharged and possibly closed by the end of the week! Discharge is a formality after the 60 days, but closing sometimes lags a day or two. In any case, if you see a discharge order but no closing in a week or two, you can always contact the BK office and ask for an update.

Comment

woohoo MK!! Hope you see your discharge notice soon! I'm sliding into home plate somewhere around the 9th or 10th. Here's a cyber toast to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X