Last second problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last second problem

Our 341 for chapter 7 is Monday and I have been reviewing everything. I just came across a letter from the Layer saying I needed to do my 2nd counseling no later than June 4th. Am I screwed? I thought the second counseling came after the 341. We completed our pre filing counseling a while ago. Also just met with the lawyer last Thursday and he said we are good to go. I hope this a typo or something. Stressed!

Mine was done after the 341...

Comment

It's before and after, I think you are all good!

Comment

You are good. It "technically" needs to be filed with the court prior to the discharge. The discharge typically comes 60 days after your first scheduled 341 Meeting date. Many Trustees and attorneys like to see the Financial Management class (the 2nd class) close to the 341 Meeting date. In fact, my Trustee for my Chapter 13, offered the 2nd class for free right after the 341 Meeting (on the same date as your scheduled 341 Meeting).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, I feel better. I still have an email into our Lawyer. Hate to get this close and mess it up.

Comment

Lawyer just emailed me back and said don't worry about it. Wasn't expecting a reply so fast on a Saturday but I guess thats what I pay him for. Now lets see what else I can find to worry about. I did find a couple of small discrepancies in our paperwork but nothing that should hurt us. I'll advise the Lawyer just so we can make sure we are 100% above board with the trustee. Thanks for helping me relax everyone. This site is amazing and I hope to be able to contribute some knowledge in the future instead of just asking questions. I think its time for a cold beer.

Comment

Greysky, you are fine. Review everything here about the 341, get some rest, and try to relax. You can do your second credit counseling course after you get home from the 341; that is what we did.

Good luck to you!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks AC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X