top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile phones not allowed in court house?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phones not allowed in court house?

I never thought I'd be asking this question, but another poster posted it in a different post.

Are we not allowed to bring our mobile phones to the court?

Is this a federal law or something? In this day and age, when virtually everyone has a mobile phone, it seems pretty ridiculous if that is the case.

That said, I don't want to arrive with my phone, and then be turned-away, as apparently happened to a fellow board member.

Cheers,
    Steve

I answered in your other post. Not a problem at my 341, but ask your attorney about the policy at your venue, or call them and ask.

Comment

Our 341 was held in a meeting room in the Federal Courthouse in Jacksonville. The courthouse does not allow electronic devices of any kind. The only people allowed to bring a laptop were the attorneys. We had to take our cell phones back to the car, as we had not been forewarned about this policy.

Every district is a little different, and yours may not have this requirement.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

that's interesting. I'll be sure to ask. Thanks!

Comment

Since you asked this question in another thread, and it was also answered there, I am closing this thread.

Please refrain from asking the same question in two different threads. It becomes very confusing for people trying to follow the conversation. For that reason, it is against forum policy to do so.

Thank you.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X