Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'M trouble

ull docket text:
    COMES NOW the Chapter 7 Trustee in the above-styled case and reports that the Trustee is investigating the possibility of the recovery of assets in this case for the benefit of the creditors. No party in interest has filed a request for an order of dismissal pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 521(i)(2). Filed by XXXXX J. XXXXX on behalf of XXXX J. XXXXXX. (XXXXX, XXXXXX)
    PACER Service Center

I posted this in my old thread, and I'm sorry for doing that. I am just really worried about what my sister is going to do when she is served,Will that show on pacer?

I am just sick over this because I know she is mentally unstable.

Again, I sorry for two posts. I was afraid the old post would be missed.

I responded in the other thread. In general, this means that the Trustee is going after the asset or the proceeds of the assets. The Trustee will either undue the transfer, your Quit Claim (QC), or they will otherwise attack the sale. If they are successful, the Trustee will claw back either the money or the asset. Depending on how the property was titled, the Trustee could be seeking a percentage or all of the proceeds. It really depends on too many things and just WHAT the Trustee is seeking to do.

There is nothing for you to do. Of course, your relative is probably not going to be too happy. There will be nothing in PACER unless the Trustee seeks the courts permission to do something, like sell free and clear or to undue the transfer.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you so much. I do appreciate it...

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeAldo View Post
        I am just really worried about what my sister is going to do when she is served,Will that show on pacer?
        Believe me, you will know when it happens. And not from PACER, unless that is your sister's name. You are likely to get the full report, as well as her opinion, directly from your sister about ten seconds after she is served.

Duking it out with a Trustee is never a pretty sight. However, if you have been clean and truthful up front in your filing (sounds like you have), then this beef is between your sister and the Trustee. You have been moved into the position of a spectator on this until it is over.

You are likely to see a whole lot more of your sister's face in your grille than the Trustee's face, but at least your sister isn't carrying a big Federal stick. You might try prepping her for what is coming, but it is likely that she already knows. If she is willing to work with the Trustee, it will be a lot easier for all involved than if she decides to bunker in and fight it out. She will likely lose, and she will likely blame you for the problem (and all that baggage that comes with the blame).

Sorry to hear, but the law is the law. If the Trustee can unravel something to pay down the creditors, it is their legal obligation to weigh the possibilities and cost of doing so. Sounds like the Trustee is doing exactly that.

Comment

I wish I could tell the whole story about everything. She is the reason I had to file for bk7.She is a very vindictive person.i don't want to have to live with what I might have to do to end this.

My mother pleaded with me to help my sister, and like a fool I finally gave in to my mother's pleadings.

She couldn't qualify for a house in the 90's , and to help her out I cosigned to help her get it. She then ran up her credit cards to improve the house, and filed BK7.Then she sold the house. I had signed a quit claim deed at the closing to transfer the title to her name only.It was sprung on me at the closing without prior knowledge.
          . She hid the notices from the court addressed to me about the filings,since they were going to that address.

I only found out about that when I had to pass a credit check for a very high paying job as a database administrator at a well known company.

I was done with her for years after that, wouldn't you be?

Again, after years, I was told she had changed, and she was my sister, and I should give her a second chance. The whole family was telling me this.
          So, I did like a fool.

I don't know if this makes sense or not. but to give you an idea of her mental state,she lives with 15 dogs in her house.

I have recently found out she sold the house last month. So, I believe the trustee is going for the fraudulent conveyance act under Ga law.

I just want it to be over with.

I can't believe how stupid I've been. A year and a half I helped her work on her houses without pay.Put 7000 miles on my car, and spend 800 on gas.

So to tell the truth, I think it's time for her to learn a lesson about using people.

End of Rant.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X