Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 7 closed 10/2012 but now received Notice of Deposition

Hi All,

I thought that my ch 7 would end the civil lawsuit. I did the BK pro se and it closed finally last fall. Just two weeks ago, I was served Notice of Deposition from a lawsuit that I thought should've gone away. Now, I am looking for a great BK attorney in Washington state. Any suggestions?

I am on vacation just worried sick over this. Any help would be appreciated.

The ch. 7 went sort of smoothly. No APs. I was not married, no divorce involved, but ex boyfriend was the one suing me. No maritrious relationship. No fraud, etc.

Please help with recommendations on great lawyers. The ex boyfriends lawyer is Very Aggressive.

What does this lawsuit involve?

In general, a civil lawsuit is 'tolled' or halted in its tracks when you file BK, whether a CH7 or a CH13. If the suit involves a debt that would be discharged in BK, then it (the lawsuit) goes away. We had two lawsuits pending against us when we filed. One was for the difference between the amount of the car loan, and what it brought at auction--the car was surrendered; and the second one was for the balance owed to American General Finance for a loan we took out, trying to stave off filing BK.

If the pending suit against you is for some other matter, I don't know what the BK would have helped you. Without more information, there is no way anyone can venture a guess.

One problem you have now, is that we are not allowed to give proper names of people--attorneys, etc., on the public side of the forum. You do not yet have enough posts for you to be able to send and receive PMs. I suggest that anyone having a recommendation to make, can put it on your Visitor's page. You might also want to look for our moderator, ValleYum. She is in the Washington State area. Put a message on her Visitor's page, and see if she can help you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you AngelinaCat.
      The lawsuit was a quiet title action and included other claims that I had some of his personal items still at my home. Ex boyfriend claimed he owned my farm also. Thanks for directing me to ValleYum, I will visit her page.
      I was told that the bk would take care of this civil suit. I also reasoned that if he had won the suit, it would've been a monetary award/judgement that would've been discharged in my bk anyway. So, here I am. Ugg!

Comment

Yes, you need to find an attorney, and possibly a real estate attorney also.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Which part of Washington state are your in???? I'm in WA state myself.
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I am near Olympia

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X