Question regardig mortgage listed on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regardig mortgage listed on credit report

I pulled my credit report last week (Friday), and my reaffirmed mortgage appears on my credit report in the closed mortgages section.
    It is listed as reaffirmed, shows the current balance and last payment, but it is listed as closed on the month of my discharge.
    I made a dispute on Friday and already received confirmation that it is listed correctly.

Is it listed as closed until my case (asset) is officially closed like my car loan?

Or do I start calling the mortgage company to update my credit report?

Thanks
    PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Wait until closed. Then wait another month or two and see what it says.

Two reasons - first, companies have their own internal policies about how to report an account in bankruptcy, and starting a dispute will not change that. Second, until your Ch 7 closes, you have no ability to pursue any further debt (without explicit permission from the Trustee, anyway); hence, no need for a credit score or accurate credit report.

Ch 7 can take a while to shake out, and an asset case will take longer. Patience, grasshopper....

Don't get too focused on your debt report or debt score. That's what they really are - not "credit" scores. And debt is what brought you here in the first place.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X