No announcement yet.

Just curious: questions asked at 341 seemed to relate to the time since filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious: questions asked at 341 seemed to relate to the time since filing

It seemed that the questions on the form the trustee gave everyone at the 341 were about the present time, the time before filing and the future after filing--I had thought that once you file, whatever you earn or do since that date, as long as it didn't begin before you filed, was excluded from the bankruptcy estate. While the verbal questions made that distinction (because they related to the forms filed on the filing date)--i.e., was everything on your bk papers true and correct--the questions asked on the form seemed to stretch into the present (about 45 days since filing) and into the future. I'm not referring to the 180-days into the future rule regarding inheritances. Is this normal?

We could better answer your question if we new what questions were asked about your future.

If on the day you file you know that in the future your income will increase or your expenses will decrease that is relevant to your case. Is that what the questions were related to?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

No. It was are you currently receiving commissions under a contract--as of today--the day of your 341 hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by vee1 View Post
        No. It was are you currently receiving commissions under a contract--as of today--the day of your 341 hearing.
        The question was probably to make sure that you did not execute a contract prior to filing that entitled you to income after your filing date that was not disclosed on your petition and could be used to fund a Chap 13.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X