Tax Transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Transcripts

Are these required to file or just for the 341 hearing for the trustee? I have requested them but not yet received them. I have all my tax returns as far back as 2006. My local court (Northern Ohio - Akron) doesn't make mention of them at all on their website and they refer to the national bk court site for the check list on what is needed.

Hello fellow Buckeye! : ) I'm in the Northern District of Ohio too (Cleveland). My husband and I just filed for Chapter 7 in October. We had to give our attorney a copy of our last year's tax return, to use in preparing our filing. We weren't required to bring it to the 341 meeting however - we had our meeting last week.

Comment

Your attorney should submit a copy of your 2012 tax return to the trustee. The trustee can request more. Because it is so late in the year, the trustee may want a copy of your 2013 return after it is filed, but also may not. Everyone should bring their photo i.d. and social security card to the 341 meeting. Ask your attorney if you should bring anything else.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You don't need your tax transcripts at all unless you don't have your tax returns which you said you have. I offered up a tax transcript to my attorney's office in lieu of an actual tax return and my attorney's office frowned upon it.

I just had my 341 meeting today and the only thing the trustee wanted from my husband and I was to see our driver's license and our social security cards. Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X