• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spousal Concerns Filing BK7 (Possibly)

Bullet points

* I am married, but only filing in my name
    * Debts included are credit cards
    * The cards are solely in my name, and my wife is only an authorized user on a couple of them (no joint accounts). These accounts will be disputed and removed from her credit report before the BK is filed.

My concern is that my wife is a gov contractor that requires clean credit to be employed, and that somehow the BK will be tied to her since her income needs to be proven. I'm not concerned that it will show up on her credit report; I am more concerned about the possibility of a verification of income with her employer... Something a long those lines.

I met with an attorney and he assured me this will not happen, but he is an attorney . We have all bank statements, pay stubs, taxes going back 5 years, etc..., so I don't see why my wife's employer would be involved at all; however, my wife's employment is the number one priority in my decision to file.

Also, great site! Glad to be here and hope to contribute with any credit related questions since I have an EXTREME amount of knowledge regarding credit.

Not sure what sort of problem you're anticapating.
    How would your bk affect her verification of income?
    And, it won't hit her credit report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X