top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do Old debts fall off Credit Report after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do Old debts fall off Credit Report after BK?

Hello All, I filled in November 2013. Dis-Charged February 2014. When do my negative marks fall off my Credit Report? Is it 7 years from Last Payment or from Dis-Charge? Many hadn't been reported on in a long while and recently added "Failed to Pay" as BK discharged. Last Payment on accounts was 4 years ago, Do they fall off in 3 or 7 years? Thanks.

7-7 1/2 yrs. from date of first delinquency. If you get your full annual reports from annualcreditreport.com, or each CRA, there should be a "date this account is to be removed" (or something like that) notation. It's not on all 3, can't remember which one doesn't show this.

Comment

If you do nothing, then your discharged debts should "fall off" your credit reports after 7 years from the date of first delinquency. The DOFD is typically 30 days after your first missed payment was due. Of course, the actual bankruptcy case will still show up under the "public records" section for 10 years from the filing date.

Once your debts are discharged, you may be able to get some of them removed by disputing through the credit bureaus. For example, one of my creditors--a JDB who purchased my charged-off Citibank MasterCard--continued reporting a new charge-off status and higher past-due balance each month, even during my bankruptcy case. After discharge, I disputed this account with all 3 credit bureaus on the grounds that the creditor cannot legally report a new charge-off status once they have received notification of a bankruptcy filing. The JDB did not bother responding to my disputes, so the account was deleted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X