top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 BK7 filers countdown clock... (almost 10 years =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 BK7 filers countdown clock... (almost 10 years =)

Hello all,

It's been a long time, nice to see this community is still vibrant and helping. This place is truly an incredible resource for so many people.

Anyway... as many of the old-timers here know all too well, 10/17/2005 was the implementation date for the fabulous "new law" for BK, which lead well over a million Americans to file for bankruptcy in the 2 months just prior to implementation.

Many of us here are looking forward to 10/2015 to finally have this drop off. However, I know it's possible that some might fall off sooner. The purpose of this thread is to report when people actually start to see their 2005 BK7's drop.

For me... BK7 still reporting on all 3 reports (despite my best efforts). Filed 10/2005. No IIBs or any other indications of the old BK left.

Wishing you all the best. It does get better!

Do you happen to have a history of how your credit score has fared since your BK? I'm just curious. I've heard that BK being on your record for 10 years is not much to worry about because a few good years of handling debt outweighs the bankruptcy, so I'm wondering what your experience has been.

Comment

Originally posted by avengers View Post
      Do you happen to have a history of how your credit score has fared since your BK? I'm just curious. I've heard that BK being on your record for 10 years is not much to worry about because a few good years of handling debt outweighs the bankruptcy, so I'm wondering what your experience has been.
      Honestly, credit score was never a problem for me until AFTER the 7-year clock ran.

As I recall I was back above 700 about 18-mos post-filing, and generally was in the 730 range until I hit 7 years.

At 7 years, all my IIB accounts fell off and... ironically... due to a quirk in the FICO re-bucketing scheme, I got kicked into a different bucket and have been stuck below 700 ever since. Waiting for the 10-year mark to hopefully get past that.

Not what you expected, I'm sure, but... it is what it is.

Best of luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X