top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Need To Include Collection Agency's"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I Need To Include Collection Agency's"?

I did not include the CA in my BK filling, just the orginal creditors. I have 2 ca's reporting "correctly" to 2 cra's. Do I need to send my papers to the ca? Or I am I screwed??
    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

You can amend your creditors matrix (I think it's about a $26 court fee). It's worth it to make sure everything is covered.

What stage are you in your BK? With the list of new cc in your siggy, have you been discharged?
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

The case has been closed!

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
        I did not include the CA in my BK filling, just the orginal creditors. I have 2 ca's reporting "correctly" to 2 cra's. Do I need to send my papers to the ca? Or I am I screwed??
        I am in the same situation. Basically, I'd just give proof to the agencies that the orginal creditor was discharged in CH 7 & the case has been dismissed, closed, etc. Not your fault if the orginal creditor dropped the ball and assigned it to a agency after the fact. (In fact, I've filed a FTC complaint on one collection agency.)

Good luck.
        I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, just offering advice on what I may have gone through and/or have knowledge of. Good luck!
        341-done
        Last date for objections: 02/21/06 - done
        Discharged: 02/24/06
        Case closed: 3/8/06

Comment

Was yours a bk7 NO ASSET case? If so, the general understanding here is that the CA accounts are automatically included even if you failed to list them on the basis that there was nothing to distribute. Send them a letter stating IIb, your case number, and refer them to call to your attorney if they don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by poorme
            Was yours a bk7 NO ASSET case? If so, the general understanding here is that the CA accounts are automatically included even if you failed to list them on the basis that there was nothing to distribute. Send them a letter stating IIb, your case number, and refer them to call to your attorney if they don't understand.
            it was a no asset case. I filed myself, did not use an attorney. So what do I request from them? Ask them to contact the bureaus? Or do I need a letter from them statinng that I do not owe them anything?

Comment

When we filed we were told to include EVERYONE AND ANYONE we ever owed money too. So basically YES, ALL CA's should be one the matrix, as well as original creditors, due to this could present a problem later.

We were discharged and closed in Jan 06 2006, we had 3 CA call us and said we owed it. I told them we filed and gave them the info. They said unless we included them AND they were listed ON the matrix, then they will stop the calls, and stop the collection process. Well I told them to "kiss" off and gave them our lawyer's number. I had no worries cause I KNEW they WERE on the matrix!!! Never heard from them again.

They are probably giving you a hard time, and are trying to pull one over on you BECAUSE you didn't use a lawyer. (Maybe they are trying to pull a fast one??)The only proof you have, is if you listed them. Give them your case number and dates, and see if that is enough.
              Good luck

Comment

if the agency had purchased the debt prior to your filing they should have been listed as a seperate creditor on the matrix. if the agency is just attempting collection for the original creditor then they need not be listed. find out who you actually owed the debt to at the time of filing and send them notice of the bankruptcy discharge.

Comment

Include everyone of course, but the debt has still been discharged regardless of whether or not you listed 'duplicates'.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X