Credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit report

So I went back through my credit report and noticed they have it noted as a discharged chapter 7. I filed and have been discharged (but still not closed) from a 13. I did start the chapter but my attorney had me changed to a 13. Fast forward to last week and I got tired of waiting and just gave a shot at applying for a capital one card and somehow got approved for a no annual fee unsecured credit card for 5k? Quite frankly I'm shocked but it is nice to know I have a way to get my credit back in order now. So my question is should I go back and file a report to have my credit report updated to reflect a discharged 13 instead of a 7 or just leave it alone?

Interesting, I am in sort of the same boat as you, my Chapter 13 is Discharged but not yet Closed. Last week I applied for a Secured Credit Card and was denied! Go figure.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

My situation is unique mostly in a bad way. I've been discharged since July so I'm thinking they reviewed the report and determined I was far enough separated from the discharge to be deemed worthy to extend credit.

Comment

I would not touch anything. I touched things after discharge, and they removed things that were actually improving my score!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X