Credit card reporting miss payments while Chapter 13 is active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card reporting miss payments while Chapter 13 is active

Hi, I have a question. I recently got confirmation for my chapter 13 case. Suddenly one of my credit cards is reporting to the Credit agencies that I have missed payments. Before filing my case I never missed a payment to all my creditors. I only stopped paying once I filed.

Just wondering if this is normal, should I care? I want to make sure at the end, I don't get a penalty in my credit score once I am out of the bankruptcy (4 1/2 years from now).

should I try to complain about it?

Thank you

This happens as some creditors don't immediately close out the account and mark it as included in bankruptcy (IIB). I would worry more about my Chapter 13 and making payments on time. By the time you exit bankruptcy you can deal with that issue.

Okay, so that's my standard response. If you have the time, you can file a dispute on the information and claim that it is IIB and the amount is reporting incorrectly. This works most of the time.

Good luck!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

• anunezal
      anunezal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the feedback. As I don't have too much free time, I was questioning if it is worth it to spend the time. Thank you.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X