10 years since CH7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years since CH7

Next month marks 10 years since we filed for Ch7. The public record has dropped off two of the reporting agencies already (I expect the last one to drop off soon). My average credit score has jumped 70 points in the last month and currently sits around 790. We continue to be debt free except for a mortgage (ride through - did not reaffirm).

All I can say is You Can Do It Too! Stay strong.

If you filed any day in May of 2011, then Experian should have stopped reporting as of April 1, 2021. This is called early exclusion and it's based on the month in which the bankruptcy was filed. Generally you can get Trans Union to stop 6 months early by disputing. For Experian and Equifax just wait for early exclusion. Equifax is 3 months early exclusion and Experian is 1 month early exclusion.

See my post here. Despite being about Chapter 13s, the same process is used but 10 years is utilized rather than 7 years.

https://www.bkforum.com/forum/after-...us#post1025791
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      If you filed any day in May of 2011, then Experian should have stopped reporting as of April 1, 2021. This is called early exclusion and it's based on the month in which the bankruptcy was filed. Generally you can get Trans Union to stop 6 months early by disputing. For Experian and Equifax just wait for early exclusion. Equifax is 3 months early exclusion and Experian is 1 month early exclusion.

See my post here. Despite being about Chapter 13s, the same process is used but 10 years is utilized rather than 7 years.

https://www.bkforum.com/forum/after-...us#post1025791
      Ha! I just checked Credit Karma (I had checked this morning) and TU fell off some time today. All three reports are now clear. 👍

Comment

I had disputed my TU known that they allow a person to seek early exclusion, via dispute, 6 months prior. I guess I don't have good data on the exact date that TU will automatically start excluding the bankruptcy.

Bravo!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations
          Lawyer - $3000
          Filing fee - $299
          Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X