This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt Collectors Manual - Info You Should Read

Found this link from another forum and thought it would be a good read for members to know how a debt collector works and what they're SUPPOSED to do regarding all aspects of debt collection including bankruptcy.

Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Great Link!
    Maybe I will become a debt collector so I won't have to file bK
    Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmc1973 View Post
      Found this link from another forum and thought it would be a good read for members to know how a debt collector works and what they're SUPPOSED to do regarding all aspects of debt collection including bankruptcy.

http://scottgeiger.com/collections_101.pdf
      thanks that is a good read

Comment

From p. 100:

Debtors may attempt a variety of stalls instead of cooperating. Some of these stalls
        and appropriate responses include:
        LOL
        Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

This was a good read- Thank you!

Comment

Link's gone dead, I think. Anyone have a copy or know where else it might be posted online?

Comment

Oh- bummer that it's gone. It was a really good read.

Comment

The manual was copyrighted and for sale. I suspect the author requested it be removed from the site that originally posted it.

The author, an attorney, seems to have moved on with his life (the manual was written in 2006). You can always contact him and request he send you the pdf file of the manual. It is copy and password protected to prevent it from being uploaded to scribd-like internet sites.

Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!

https://thebesserlawfirm.com/Contact.html
                “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It's Back

Sorry about that... was moving between a couple of servers and some of the files got "dropped" along the way. I recovered it and it's back up online.

Scott

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X