Brachfeld Law Group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brachfeld Law Group...

I've actually not taken many calls from collection agencies...and when I have, the people were for the most part very decent people and not rude in any way.

Thought I was lucky until one of my cc accts was sold from one CA to this Brachfeld Law Group. Man these people are the worst!!!

They refused to give me their fax # or address and have never sent me anything in writing.

You can bet that I will NEVER take one of their calls EVER again!!!!
    I may even report them for the crude behavior of one of the "supervisors" I spoke to -- she was the rudest person I've ever talked to!

Anyone have any experience with these bottom feeders??
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

I can second that, I have been dealing with them for the past two months, they push settlements on you, call your phone everyday and call your work. I had to send them a CD letter because they wouldnt stop.

Comment

They do have a website....

20300 S. Vermont Ave., Suite 120
        Torrance, CA 90502-1338
        phone (310) 273-7867
        fax (310) 273-9867

More interesting reading:

First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

They are very persistent in their attempts, one of them kept trying to ask me questions, and I would basically change the subject to remain in control of the conversation. She even told me "your changing the subject and not answering my questions". It was funny, I just did everytime she asked me a question. She started saying crap like "you accepted a settlement offer, and if you did it just to stall us, it wont work, we are willing to "initiate action". I laughed, and said, your not even in my state, what are you gonna do really? They told me that they have a network of attorneys, including some in my own state. To which, I started thinking about my DV template, and how I would just start it all over again.

They keep you entertained, for sure.
          Last edited by optimistic1; 02-12-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
            They are very persistent in their attempts, one of them kept trying to ask me questions, and I would basically change the subject to remain in control of the conversation. She even told me "your changing the subject and not answering my questions". It was funny, I just did everytime she asked me a question. She started saying crap like "you accepted a settlement offer, and if you did it just to stall us, it wont work, we are willing to "initiate action". I laughed, and said, your not even in my state, what are you gonna do really? They told me that they have a network of attorneys, including some in my own state. To which, I started thinking about my DV template, and how I would just start it all over again.

They keep you entertained, for sure.
            Start recording the conversations and tell them you are recording them, and that they are violating the FDCPA, and that they now owe you $1000 in statutory damages and that you are going to send a copy to your state's attorney general.

Then call them back and play the recorded telephone conversation for them.

I did that with one very mean and nasty collection agency and when they heard that I was recording their telephone calls and playing them back to them, they stopped calling me.
            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I wish I could keep playing games with them, but now I have to make some very hard decisions, part of me just wants to go ride a rollercoaster and feel alive again.

Comment

How do you know the law firm was sold the debt. It could be they were retained/hired by a CA, the original creditor, or some JDB. I'm just curious. I ask this because I think the question is important.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X