top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I charge a Collection agency for their harassing phone calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I charge a Collection agency for their harassing phone calls?

Today I came up with an idea that might work against harrassing JDB (Junk Debt Buyers) calling me looking for somebody else. This is the letter I came up with:

Junk Debt Buyer

Attn: President of Company [put his name here]

On [date] one of your employees called me at [time] and demanded to know if I was [so-and-so]. I asked her/him who was calling. They refused to tell me their name. I asked who they were calling for, and they refused to identify the name of the company. They continued questioning me in a demanding fashion and I asked them if they were a police officer. No reply.

At this point I told them this was my phone and they called me. If they can not identify themself then I consider their conduct to be harrassment. At this time they continued demanding that I answer their questions. I told them this is 'pure harrassment' and to stop such activities. They said they would call back each and every day tell I give them the answers they are looking for!

It should be noted this call lasted 5 minutes and 10 seconds. You might not realize it, but I get charged for incoming calls and such calls as this generally upset me for the rest of the day. If you or your employees call again, I will charge your company $45.00 per minute rounded up to the next full minute and $500.00 per incident. If you call and do not leave a message, you will be billed for a 1 minute call ($45.00) and $500.00 for that incident.

Each month on the 13th you will receive a bill/statement.

Currently, you have no credit with me so please send a finacial statement of your business if you want to see if credit can be granted.

Payment is due on the 28th of each month.

If payment is not received by the 28th, you will be assessed a late fee of $150.00.

If you go over your limit, the over the limit fee is $150.00.

Interest is 36% annually.

If we have to take you to court, you agree to pay up to $500,000.00 in my legal fees.

Sincerely, [person at xxx-xxx-xxxx]

Will this work?
    Last edited by BigJohn; 02-11-2010, 07:37 PM. Reason: stupid
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Will this work?
    Sure BJ, it's a winner. Might as well start planning your retirement mansion right now.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Start sending them out! I'm going to do the same...lol

Comment

Bill all you want. Collecting the bill is another story.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

It would be easier to sue them for violating the laws they are breaking.
          Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
          Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            Bill all you want. Collecting the bill is another story.
            Contact them and say you want to hire them. Send them a list of the debts you want to collect... you know, the bill to them!

Say if they can't collect on this one, they are a really crappy collection agency!
            Filed CH13 - 06/2009
            Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
              Contact them and say you want to hire them. Send them a list of the debts you want to collect... you know, the bill to them!

Say if they can't collect on this one, they are a really crappy collection agency!

Hmmm, I never though of that - good one.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

throw in a disclaimer about the paperwork reduction act.

Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Structure it as a contract, state that "by calling this number, xxx-xxx-xxxx you agree to pay the following charge for consulting services."

Never know, might work.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                    Structure it as a contract, state that "by calling this number, xxx-xxx-xxxx you agree to pay the following charge for consulting services."

Never know, might work.

Yes! Consulting services.

When we go before the judge.

JUDGE Why did you keep calling this person knowing he is billing you?

JDB Dah

Comment

BigJohn, I know your letter seems more tongue-in-cheek, but you're not going to be able to enforce that contract one bit.
                      Your best bet is to follow DebtHater's advice and file a lawsuit against them for violating the laws that they are violating.

--William
                      I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
                      As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X