Collection calls have gotten humorous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection calls have gotten humorous

So, now that we retained a lawyer I am able to answer the phone and give them his contact info (per his direction). Unfortunately most of the cards are in my wifes name, and she is still too spooked to answer the phone. So I answer and say she cant come to the phone right now but I can provide you with the contact info for our lawyer "click". Just got three of those in a row from three different internal collection agencies.

Should I even bother?
    03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
    06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

I think I'd say "we're filing for bk" and see if they ask for the attorney name. Someone called for my husband and I was able to give the info so they can stop calling.
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Any cc companies that called for accounts in my wife's name let me talk to them.
      Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
      Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

I ran into issues with creditors not wanting to talk to me for the debt in my husbands name. I told them I am sure you would have a change of heart if I was to offer you full settlement. Some were dumb enough to want to continue the conversation and others just hung up.

Comment

What I did, after I hired a lawyer just to strategize whether or not to file.

"Hi, [name]. I'd love to talk with you, but can you call me at my new phone number?"

"Sure. What is it?"

[Give them # to attorney's office.] Repeat, as necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by LALADY View Post
            What I did, after I hired a lawyer just to strategize whether or not to file.

"Hi, [name]. I'd love to talk with you, but can you call me at my new phone number?"

"Sure. What is it?"

[Give them # to attorney's office.] Repeat, as necessary.
            Ha! This is what I would do if I filed bk.

"Oh, you might want my new work phone number... it's (602) [bk attorney's phone number]." Then hang up on them.
            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X