top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max. Number of Times Collectors Can Call Per Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max. Number of Times Collectors Can Call Per Day?

I am getting calls from Wells Fargo back to back, every 2 or 3 minutes several times per day, totaling about 35 calls per day; just from Wells Fargo.

Is there a maximum number of times a creditor can call in a day? This seems to border on harassment.

Thanks

Nope, an OC can call as much as they like between 8 am and 9 pm your time. They are not included in the FDCPA with regard to harassment. Those rules only apply to third party debt collectors. Thus Wells Fargo can go to town. (They can be a pain, I get a ton of calls from them for someone else. They don't believe that I am not her, though who they are looking for has a listed number.)

How-evah....check on your state laws. Some states have debt collection rules and laws to supplement the FDCPA; in some states the rules apply to the OC as well as CAs. Texas, for example, is a state where the OC has to stop calling when they receive a limited cease and desist instructing them to contact by mail only. You need to check your state.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X