Chase Files Suit, But No Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Files Suit, But No Summons

I was in court yesterday to appear for my FC hearing. Before going in I checked the computer docket to see if anything new had been added. Surprise!...Chase Card has filed a lawsuit about a week ago. So, I guess they weren't kidding.

However I haven't been served ? (which is required in my state)

Hearing date isn't that far off. Has it ever happened that they use filings to
    try and motivate the debtor to settle, and don't actually move the suit forward, etc?

i wasnt served until 3 to 4 weeks after they filed on me in florida. and here in California, it was a couple of weeks before the process server wised up...when he came to the door the first time..i told him .I ...actually me..had moved to florida...he didnt ask for id or anything...but came back a week later and talked to neighbors... so it could be weeks before you actually get summons......

Comment

I had some time to wait so I started to scan all the electronic docket boards displayed all over the courthouse. Interesting who seems to file a lot. My non-scientific list: (these were most suits being heard that day)

Chase #1 (this doesn't include the mort div)
      Cap One (almost as many as Chase) both these were far ahead of the rest
      Citi
      Amex
      Discover
      BofA (few for the card div)

Also lots of suits by Apartment management companies (evictions) - just huge numbers.
      Quite a few HOA suits for unpaid dues.

NOte: all attorneys wear the same uniform, dark gray suit, white shirt, paisley tie.

Comment

Hi Ryan,
        I'm waiting for something to happen with Chase. Can I ask when you last paid them? It's been 5 months since I last paid them. I'm trying to buy more time to save the attorney fees.
        Thanks, Sheila
        Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

SheilaE, this isn't exact, but about 7 months?....i'd really have to check to be accurate.

Comment

Its been 21 months since I last paid Chase. Had like a $18,000 balance which has since ballooned to $23,000 plus.

Comment

Thank you! Wow, I wonder why they are so quick to act on some, but not others others. I hope we get to be the others!
              Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

they sue quicker on smaller amounts and it might also depend on the type of account
                Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

It also, depends what your credit report looks like. If they see you are current on other creditors and your mortgage plus the amount you owe. I have the BK leverage and they know it.

Originally posted by sheilaE View Post
                  Thank you! Wow, I wonder why they are so quick to act on some, but not others others. I hope we get to be the others!

Comment

We just got a summons from Chase at 120 days. I'm thinking they initiated the suit so quick because we are still paying Home Depot on appliances.

Comment

one creditor told me they were going to do a asset search and if i had anything, they would sue me....they did and found out i had a house with equity ....then sued within a couple of months.....luckily for me, i sold the house the day they served me with summons...

Comment

Originally posted by jwmc1 View Post
                        they sue quicker on smaller amounts and it might also depend on the type of account
                        The amount exceeds 10K, so not small at all, in my case.

Originally posted by jacko
                        It also, depends what your credit report looks like. If they see you are current on other creditors and your mortgage plus the amount you owe. I have the BK leverage and they know it.
                        I am delinquent for many months on every single account - EVERYTHING...
                        credit cards, house payment, second note payment, HOA dues, etc.
                        ...plus no job and house in FC.

I believe there is little rhyme or reason to their actions.

Comment

I am in the same boat. My HOA are retards. They spent nearly a $1000 in legal fees in attempt to collect past dues. I could of paid up to half my fees monthly provided they waived the late fees and not take legal action. Nope on both requests and they will get zero from me now that I have a judgment which is now a public record.

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                          The amount exceeds 10K, so not small at all, in my case.

I am delinquent for many months on every single account - EVERYTHING...
                          credit cards, house payment, second note payment, HOA dues, etc.
                          ...plus no job and house in FC.

I believe there is little rhyme or reason to their actions.

Comment

Chase is #1 in my local courts. They sue at the drop of a hat. AMEX and Cap1 and Discover are close behind. BoA tends to sue people with dbas to their name; there were not a heck of a lot of FIA card services on the list. CitiFinancial sued more often than Citicards; my guess is these people took out loans for houses and thus there are assets. GE Money sued some in 2008 but there had not been a lot of action since.
                            First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
                              Correct. The new computer software programs are amazing.
                              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X