top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who controls the 93 day settelment time limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who controls the 93 day settelment time limit?

Been told several times the government situlates that 93 days is the limit to complete the settelment pay back time frame. I think it is C/C BS. Anybody know?
    Thanks

Yes, that is bs. 93 days for settlement? Pleaaasseee. They are just trying to get a quick commission off you.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

There is no government mandate for settlement payment. They are lying to you. They can spread it out further but will not; they want the money, period. They don't want to wait for it.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I never heard of such a thing.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwell18 View Post
          Been told several times the government situlates that 93 days is the limit to complete the settelment pay back time frame. I think it is C/C BS. Anybody know?
          Thanks
          Is it a government backed loan (i.e. a student loan?). If it's a student loan, I believe the fiscal year ends sometime in October. Not a 93-day rule per-se, but it's possible that the settlement would have to be paid 93 days from the offer, before they'd have to start over.

Anyways, if it was a student loan, and the settle-by date was around the end of September, maybe that's what they meant. I dunno.
          Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X