Dell now Midland Junk Debt buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell now Midland Junk Debt buyer

I wrote a post on these boards sometime back about my Dell account being removed by Dell from my credit reports. That was because Midland (Junk debt buyer) has now purchased my account from Dell. The original debt was about $1700 one year ago now almost twice that amount.

I received a letter from Midland Credit Management saying that they now owe the debt and for me to start making payments to them and that I had 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt.

I sent them a certified letter asking for validation of the debt plus an declaration of my income and assets exempt from garnishment or assignment. It basically says I don't have anything that exceeds exemption amounts in the state of Washington. (they can have their computer back)

I also stated in the letter to Midland that there is an arbitration clause associated with this claim and I am hereby exercising it, and waive their rights to litigation per the underlying arbitration clause. It also says that they will be responsible for paying my arbitration fees along with theirs. I am told by AAA that their initial fee is $900. I feel that I probably won't hear anything from them again, what do you think?

Pretty witty move on your part. I applaud your lawyer-esque approach.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

love it! can't wait to hear what they will answer, although, i wouldn't hold my breath to long as they most likely have NO clue what you wrote about!! LOL!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
          I wrote a post on these boards sometime back about my Dell account being removed by Dell from my credit reports. That was because Midland (Junk debt buyer) has now purchased my account from Dell. The original debt was about $1700 one year ago now almost twice that amount.

I received a letter from Midland Credit Management saying that they now owe the debt and for me to start making payments to them and that I had 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt.

I sent them a certified letter asking for validation of the debt plus an declaration of my income and assets exempt from garnishment or assignment. It basically says I don't have anything that exceeds exemption amounts in the state of Washington. (they can have their computer back)

I also stated in the letter to Midland that there is an arbitration clause associated with this claim and I am hereby exercising it, and waive their rights to litigation per the underlying arbitration clause. It also says that they will be responsible for paying my arbitration fees along with theirs. I am told by AAA that their initial fee is $900. I feel that I probably won't hear anything from them again, what do you think?
          If I was a debt collector and I got that letter, I think I would lose a lot of interest in you.

You've told them that even if they do come after you legally, they're still not going to get anything. And that you know your rights about such things.

I think I would move on to lower hanging fruit.

I've also heard that simply exercising your arbitration clause, makes them lose a lot of interest in you.

They want easy money. The more difficult you make it for them to get paid, the more likely they are to move on to someone else.
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X