top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entering into judgment payment plan: Request to remove from credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering into judgment payment plan: Request to remove from credit report?

I have a judgment [which does not show on my credit report)that I'm working out a payment plan for and in the letter, they wrote...

"Once this account has been paid in full our office will file all appropriate court documents to satisfy the
    Judgment and release any liens (if applicable)."

Now like I mentioned, it does not currently show on my credit report. I don't know if once I start making payment it will start to show up or not. Should I ask that once it's settled, that they alert the credit bureaus or since it doesn't currently show up, don't even bring it up?

It is highly unlikely that the judgment creditor will report to a CB. Besides, do you really want a notation that you were sued, the creditor got a judgment and you paid it on that report? Sounds counter-intuitive to me.

Granted I know diddly about such reports and think consumers who obsess over them are “brainwashed” but, why would someone want a notation that they were sued on their report. Doesn’t such information just tell a potential lender that if push comes to shove, the only way the lender will get paid is to file suit?

Just my thoughts.

Des.

Comment

I guess I figured I got lucky that the judgement never showed up on any of my credit reports as I know others who have been sued and theirs do show up is it maybe because they were sued by the original creditor and not a junk debt buyer who then sued like in my case?

Am just afraid that if I am entering into a payment plan now, that they will start reporting.

Comment

I would let those sleeping dogs lie. Chances are slim they will report anything, especially, once money is received. Who is the company? Some small companies would just rather not pay the bureaus to report, consider yourself VERY lucky.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X