non payment of credit cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non payment of credit cards!

Well, it's been about 28 months now since I stopped paying my credit cards. During the first month
    I thought someone might come to my door, inform my neighbors and I had other negative thoughts. None of that happen. Hundreds of phone calls, they all stopped after I sent them a DV letter. I had One law suit filed which they backed off after I informed them of a violation of the law they committed.

I still get letters from Junk Debt Buyers but after I send them a DV letter with an declaration regarding
    my income and assets , I never hear from them again. So far so good.

Excellent! How much longer on the SOL?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

In Washington state it's six years. It's amazing that I owe one very big bank over 32K and they called me the first month and nothing after that. Not a letter or anything. Chase filed a 1099 on me for over 15K. God I hope this isn't the record but I had over 100K in credit card debt.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
        Well, it's been about 28 months now since I stopped paying my credit cards. During the first month
        I thought someone might come to my door, inform my neighbors and I had other negative thoughts. None of that happen. Hundreds of phone calls, they all stopped after I sent them a DV letter. I had One law suit filed which they backed off after I informed them of a violation of the law they committed.

I still get letters from Junk Debt Buyers but after I send them a DV letter with an declaration regarding
        my income and assets , I never hear from them again. So far so good.
        That's similar to what I did and it worked for me, too, on all of them except Capital One.

That's the power of the DV letter, the Cease and Desist letter, and the "judgment proof" letter.

I am convinced that they do read these letters, and if they figure you are not worth going after, they don't bother suing you.

And the DV letter and Cease and Desist letter are great at getting them to stop calling you on the phone, for the most part.

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
        In Washington state it's six years. It's amazing that I owe one very big bank over 32K and they called me the first month and nothing after that. Not a letter or anything. Chase filed a 1099 on me for over 15K. God I hope this isn't the record but I had over 100K in credit card debt.
        Nope, it isn't even close to the record. My deceased relative had over $486,000 in unsecured debt when he died. They never sued his estate, never opened probate, never got a dime of it.

And for some reason, they seem to be less likely to sue over big debts. My 12K and 13K, etc. credit card debts didn't sue me. But the little tiny $300 Capital One card sued me at the drop of a hat, before I got a chance to send them any letters at all.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X