Bank Debt For Company That I Guaranteed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Debt For Company That I Guaranteed

I have a bank credit line of 13k that Bank of America wants to be paid back ASAP. Is there a way I can keep paying for it without having them take me to court? I have been making monthly payments of $300 per month.

I don't see how anyone could answer this for you. What are the terms of the credit agreement in regards to repayment? Are you current? Can you afford to continue paying? Are you considering filing bankruptcy? I have to assume you are considering it since you are on a BK forum. Is this the only debt you have?

Finally, what is BOA telling you? Are they sending you letters or have you talked to them on the phone?
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

If Bank of America (BOA) has you in default, have accelerated payment, and are demand the entire balance, you are not paying enough. As stated, there is no way to tell what BOA will do, but one thing they can do is seek a judgment against the guarantors of the debt.

Still too many questions.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The credit line is part of a business that is no longer in existence, but that I personally guaranteed. I have been paying on it monthly, and BOA asked to pay in full by June or July, and I don't have the money to do it right now. My question is how can I continue to pay for it and not pay in full for the next year?

Comment

There is nothing you can do to force BoA to accept partial payments. I would just keep making payments and hope they don't sue you. Or, stop making payments and be prepared to file BK if they sue you.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            There is nothing you can do to force BoA to accept partial payments. I would just keep making payments and hope they don't sue you. Or, stop making payments and be prepared to file BK if they sue you.
            13k is not worth filing BK. So, I will contact the person to negotiate.

Comment

How much of the company did you own? Were there any other guarantors?
              Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X