CH 7 - personal property list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH 7 - personal property list

Those of you that have filed CH7. How did you list your personal property?
    How did you catagorize everything? What do you do about the little things? Like trash cans, alarm clocks, misc knick knacks. Does anyone have a list? The paper work we got wasn't much help. Other then list in major groups, such as appliances, furniture and decor, and electronics. I wish they would give us a list and we put a value. There are things i don't know where to put. EX. Crafts, Christmas decorations. Office supplies. Do we have to have to put it in a group for every little thing in the house?

What major appliances do we do? Kitchen i can see frig, oven, dishwasher. What about water softner.

Oh and what about personla item slike photo albums? I know they won't take them but do we have to list EVERYTHING??
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Every district is different. Ask your attorney how detailed a list does the trustee expect. In our district we listed everything of value (furniture, electronics, etc) but lumped all office supplies together. Lumped books together. Etc.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yea I should have asked yesterday. The papers state as you said group electronics, funiture etc in groups. So i guess i will just do that.

Comment

Ok this is the worst part of filing. Can you still tell i'm stressing?
        I called the attorney and his secretary told me. Group things like it says in the paperwork. She then said coffee maker yes can opener no. WTH? Unless she meant a hand can opener. Or you have a fancy expensive coffee maker.

I think at the first meeting the attorney said something about $100. So i'm thinking why would i need to list things like blenders, seperately. Most everything is at least a few years old and worth maybe $5-10 each. If not less.

How did you list kitchen stuff? Did you figure the cost for each item and then give a total? Did you have to give a total for large appliances or a value for each item?

How about furniture? Did you itemize or give one value for all items?

Comment

Many of our possessions were lumped in groups. We were asked how much we could get for them at a yard sale. Even our dogs...What a low point.

Comment

I know I wondered about listing out cats. To me they are priceless.

Comment

My attorney simply asked my how much I could get at a garage sale for all my furniture, then how much for all my electronics, then how much for all my jewelry, how much for my furs, etc. Do you think the trustee will laugh when they see $19.99 plus tax on the jewelry? I only have one wristwatch, an Armitron. Oh wait, I better revise the list my six-year-old daughter has a pair of earrings, add $5.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                My attorney simply asked my how much I could get at a garage sale for all my furniture, then how much for all my electronics, then how much for all my jewelry, how much for my furs, etc. Do you think the trustee will laugh when they see $19.99 plus tax on the jewelry? I only have one wristwatch, an Armitron. Oh wait, I better revise the list my six-year-old daughter has a pair of earrings, add $5.
                I know when we first talked the FIL dh said we had to list every single item. I said like dd's earrings. Or should i save half pairs of earrings. LOL I was relieved that it wasn'r each and every single item listed with a value.
                But i'm still stressed. Now are there things you didn't list? I thought it was all items. Even personal care etc. I think its just big items right?

The paper is numbered so i guess i will just give totals for each number..

There are some things that have no catagory. I'm assuming i don't need to list those? ie: Christmas decorations? I guess that is household goods? But then it says Household goods and furnishings, including audio, video and computer equipment. Wouldn't that be electronics?
                Now can you see why i'm confused.

Comment

I am tired of those two cats. Can I list them as non-exempt and hand the fleabags over to the trustee?
                  Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

My ex husband listed an old beat up recliner as -$5.00. The attorney laughed and asked why and ex said he would have to pay someone $5 to lug it out to the dumpster.

On the actual schedule C, property was listed in groups as follows:
                    Household Goods and Furnishings
                    Living room - 1 recliner, 1 couch, 1 coffee table, 2 end tables, 2 lamps, CD player, telephone/answering machine, various DVD and CD's.

Kitchen - dinette table, dinette chairs, coffee maker, microwave, pots and pans, dishes, silverware

Master Bedroom - queen bed, end table, lamp, 19" TV, desk, clock radio,

The value was listed as one number, $976. The attorney did not break down each item on the Schedule C.

Wearing Apparel
                    Misc. wearing apparel Value $100

Furs and Jewelry
                    Movado Watch Value $100

Firearms, sports, Photographic and Other Hobby Equip

Ipod, Camera, Value $100

And so on.

The bankruptcy petition was accepted and he was discharged without a hitch.

Comment

It is very unusual for the Trustee to send an appraiser to your house. It happens, but is rare.
                      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Check craigslist (people are dumping stuff cheap right now)
                        Look at http://www.goodwillsew.com/page.asp?dbID=295
                        and

Price the tupperware stuff as if it HAD to be sold in this weekend's garage sale.

You'll be surprised at how little your stuff is worth.
                        Really we all have "stuff", things that have accumulated over the years and while we may value it for one reason or another, how much is someone else willing to pay for our treasures? I've had a few garage sales and the only time my "stuff" began to move was when I priced it at a buck or less.
                        Last edited by 2xBK; 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I am planing on filing bk, i do have a lot of lenox items, a big screen, lots of clothes, nice furniture, nice appliances. Will they force me to sell it? I just won't disclose it

Comment

Originally posted by lovemy60s View Post
                            I am planing on filing bk, i do have a lot of lenox items, a big screen, lots of clothes, nice furniture, nice appliances. Will they force me to sell it? I just won't disclose it
                            No they won't force you to sell it if you can exempt it. The value is what you can sell it for, not what you paid for it.

I am working on my list (oh! I should have finished this already!) but I am making catagories and listing each item under it and placing a value. I add up everything in the catagory and submiting that list. I will keep the detailed list for myself in case I need to show it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemy60s View Post
                              Before you decide not to disclose it... go through everything in your house, the closets, the cupboards, the garage, everything, and look at it like this: I (or we) am getting on a jet plane Sunday morning. I will leave with the clothes on my back and whatever I can stuff into a carry on bag. What doesn't sell during Saturday's garage sale goes in the dumpster. You don't have to get really carried away on his, you could have a few garage sales over the next couple of months. Imagine if you had a couple of months, what you might get on eBay or Craigslist, but be realistic about what your stuff is really worth to someone else, especially in this economy. For example, 50" and 60" bigscreen tvs are fetching 100.00 - 300.00 right now as people are forced from their homes into condos or apartments. I have a 60" Mitsubishi that I can't sell for 100.00 (granted it's older and needs service). If the trustee disagrees with the value, he or she can come get it. Saves me the trouble of hauling it to the recycler.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X