What are my cats worth??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are my cats worth??????

I've just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out the worth of our family pets. They came to us as strays. So what is the value??

This is so stupid to get hung up on, but I'm at a loss. Thx. !

$1 $25 it's really not an issue unless they are pedigreed. Just your average domestic pet isn't something the panel trustee is going to claim as an asset. Don't forget to add in pet expenses on Schedule J.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
      $1 $25 it's really not an issue unless they are pedigreed. Just your average domestic pet isn't something the panel trustee is going to claim as an asset. Don't forget to add in pet expenses on Schedule J.
      Thanks. Its such a silly worry, I appreciate the response.

Comment

Every little thing seems like a big worry when you start this process. Just know that so many of us have been there and clawed our way through, and we're here to help
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I stressed over valuing my pets, too.

F2B you look so different with your belt off!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Cats and dogs are not assets unless they are some super special breeding type of animal. The normal cats and dogs are not assets, but instead....... are liabilities.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
              Cats and dogs are not assets unless they are some super special breeding type of animal. The normal cats and dogs are not assets, but instead....... are liabilities.

Truer words were never spoken as far as expenses go - but I wouldn't trade mine for the moon.

I had to laugh at myself after the fact when I realized they when they asked about animals that they were probably talking about racehorses and cattle rather than my rescue kitties and doggies. I was in a robo-brain-fog most of the time I was gathering paperwork and info for our attorney.
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Pets = Burden (& not assets) ...or is Trustee thinking about Pets = Family-bearing resposible house Debts/Expense (similar like caring for your child)??

Comment

The value of your pets:

"priceless"

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                    The value of your pets:

"priceless"

Des.
                    Absolutely.

However, I think this question is there for the breeders and puppy and kitten mills. We had to answer this question also. We have three cats, all rescued strays. Our attorney said that we HAVE to give a value, so we put down $1.00 for each, after all they were strays.

At the 341, our trustee also asked about the cats: three rescued strays; two Domestic Shorthairs, and one Domestic Longhair. The trustee dropped the matter.

BTW, even as I type this, one of our Domestic Shorthairs (my little Avatar) is out policing our yard trying to fend off another Shorthair stray trying to take up residence here. She won't win.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

There really is no value....

There is a fine line between priceless and worthless...

Generally that line is drawn and stops with the owner, what is priceless to the owner is often worthless to others.

Comment

I valued our cat at $20....shhh....don't tell him!
                        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Mine were stray kittens that showed up at my front door. To me they are priceless, but they were listed at $10 each.

Comment

I valued mine at $250 because she's a purebred. The trustee joked that her feelings would be hurt if she knew I said she was only worth that. She's actually priceless. It was nice that the trustee had a sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by carlsbadmike View Post
                              I valued mine at $250 because she's a purebred. The trustee joked that her feelings would be hurt if she knew I said she was only worth that. She's actually priceless. It was nice that the trustee had a sense of humor.
                              Even a "purebred" has no "real" value unless it is shown (and wins).

For most of my clients, dogs and cats are valued at between $20 and $100 based upon what one can purchase a similar dog/cat for at a local animal shelter - age & health being major factors.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X