What should I do in this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do in this situation?

A year ago, I charged a motorcycle on my citibank visa card. Approx. $6000. I would value its worth today at about $3500 maybe $4000 at the most. I have tried selling it and had no buyers. I have the title and citibank is a unsecured creditor. I am forced to stop paying the payments on it. When citibank calls me I will offer them the motorcycle back but I doubt if they would take it, maybe more trouble for them then its worth, I don't know. Later on this year if any creditor obtains a judgment against me I can't keep this motorcycle because my state exemptions won't cover it. Should I just wait and see?

Citibank has no claim on the motorcycle, so they will not want it back, so there is no options just to give it to them. They can sue you and and then possible sieze
    it, but they would likely not bother.

This is how I bought everything in the good times with the zero interest for life (up to and including a Ford Explorer) so I know how it works. Fortunately in my state
    vehicle exemptions are generous.

Comment

Chrisdfl: I have two motorcylces, I can protect the cheaper one with my wildcard exemption. My car is a lease so thats not a problem but I can't use my car exemption ($2500) for the motorcycle unless its my primary mode of transporation. (so I been told) It would be pretty hard to say that living in the rainy Northwest and being an old man. While Washington state does not have the greatest exemptions, its Homestead exemption is pretty good. (125K)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X