Stop Forclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Forclosure

I filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in NV on April 7, 2017. I have a house in PA that was scheduled and sold at a sheriff's sale on April 7. I tried for weeks to work with the bank and lawyers and while the lawyer agreed to wait, their client did not and I didn't find out until April 6 that they would continue with the sheriff sale. I tried to get an attorney to file a stay in PA to stop the sale but couldn't and by the time I could get matters resolved, it was too late in the day to file the bankruptcy in NV. I filed on April 7 but after the sheriff sale with the time difference. Now in PA, the sherrif can not transfer the deed for 20 days, so if there is a dispute and the house while was valued at $100k sold for $30k. I have already contacted the sheriffs office and county in PA but they have ignored my request and every email states "we are working on it" with no response. Researching I find that regardless of the time of day that the bankruptcy was filed, it Stay stands. What should I do to prevent the issuance of the deed in PA? I'm located in NV so traveling to PA is a challenge and funds for more legal work is a challenge. Should I file with the county or a letter to the court in PA to stop the insurance of the deed to the buyer? Or is there another option? Trying to prevent the sale of the house.

You really need an attny. If that trustee sale was final before you filed your bk, the property is gone - and the timing DOES matter. If you still have strings attached to the property then you might be ok. Get an attny!

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X