Car died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car died

I'm freaking out. My husband's truck died. It was a 1999. He obviously needs a vehicle to get to work. We have no savings and can't finance. What do we do?

Define died? What is happening that shouldn't be?

Comment

Vball I assume you are in Chapter 13 since you posted in this area. I am in the same boat. I know this may not be feasible, but my husband and I share the car. We work fairly close to each other and my job hours are flexible. It sucks, it's not easy. We wanted to save up a little and buy a junker that might run for a while and then when it would die we would buy another junker. We haven't been able to save up enough money. I think we are stuck sharing for a while. Call your attorney and see if they have any advice/options.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

From what I've researched getting another vehicle while in a chapter 13 is very possible, obviously you need to get it approved by your trustee first and the vehicle obviously has to fit in the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by gremlin View Post
          From what I've researched getting another vehicle while in a chapter 13 is very possible, obviously you need to get it approved by your trustee first and the vehicle obviously has to fit in the budget.
          I purchased two cars during my Chapter 13, both old, and both for cash; I believe you only need approval by your Trustee if you want to finance a car.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X