top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This has been filed for my Chapter 13 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been filed for my Chapter 13 ...

New here.

hoping you can tell me your experience of getting your car title after chapter 13 closing.
    Was it sent automatically or did you have to call for it?
    Last edited by Lynncc; 01-17-2021, 12:54 PM.

Welcome to BKForum.

Mine was not automatically sent. I think the issue was that USAA assigned everything to another company known as Ascension Capitol Group. They handled the titles. I did have to probe them for the titles for two vehicles. One of which they sent really quickly with no question. The other they haggled a bit, saying that they didn't have the title, then I sent them another demand, and magically the title appeared.

Your mileage may vary. (Pun intended.)

It really depends on the creditor. I would wait about 30 days before contacting them and/or sending a demand letter.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Welcome to BKForum.

Mine was not automatically sent. I think the issue was that USAA assigned everything to another company known as Ascension Capitol Group. They handled the titles. I did have to probe them for the titles for two vehicles. One of which they sent really quickly with no question. The other they haggled a bit, saying that they didn't have the title, then I sent them another demand, and magically the title appeared.

Your mileage may vary. (Pun intended.)

It really depends on the creditor. I would wait about 30 days before contacting them and/or sending a demand letter.
      Thank you for your response

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X