X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure Help Hot Line

January 31, 2007
    New Foreclosure Hotline: 1-888-995-HOPE
    Posted By Scott Riddle In Consumer Bankruptcy Guide | Permalink | 0 Comments print this article

By: Scott B. Riddle, Esq.

From todays AJC -

A campaign to stem rising numbers of foreclosures locally and statewide was announced Wednesday by metro Atlanta civic leaders and elected officials.

Free counseling and a 24-hour hotline will be offered through the 1-888-995-HOPE campaign to help homeowners avert foreclosure.

In 2006, metro Atlanta ranked second among urban areas nationwide in its foreclosure rate, according to RealtyTrac, a national foreclosure database. Georgia consistently ranks among the top states for foreclosures per household in RealtyTrac's monthly reports.
    The 1-888-995-HOPE hotline will offer free, confidential advice in English or Spanish from counselors who can provide referrals and information about how to work out a plan that can avoid foreclosure.
    Suzanne Boas, president of Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Atlanta, said the foreclosure hotline is the first partnership of its kind in the nation.

"We are looking at and other people are looking at how to replicate this across the country," Boas said.

http://www.georgiabankruptcyblog.com/
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Caveat

I called this number & the person I spoke with was very kind & understanding and made me feel like there was hope for resolving my situation (my sister had lent me the money to pay off my arrearage so I had the money there, but the finance company would not let me pay it). She was going to go over my information and made an appointment to call me the following day when we would do a conference call to the lender to resolve the issue. She never called. And because our phone call had been such so emotional for me (bringing up a lot of other issues involving how I had gotten behind in the first place), I never thought to get her name & number, which I probably would have done otherwise. When I called back to see why she did not call as promised, I discovered the toll-free number is basically just a switchboard that transfers you to one of many offices around the country. Without knowing her name or what office she was out of, I would have had to start all over from the beginning with someone else. Because the first phone call had been so traumatic and I really didn't have time to go through it all again at that time, I chose to wait a day or two to see if she would still return the call as she said she would. Nothing. To this day, I've heard nothing from them. But I did get served with a default judgment (sent out ironically the same day I had talked to the counselor - which REALLY made me question the timing of that & why she didn't call). I then decided to go ahead w/ bankruptcy to save my house. So, while I certainly HOPE this was a unique situation involving this counselor, JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE NAME AND LOCATION OF WHO YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
      January 31, 2007
      New Foreclosure Hotline: 1-888-995-HOPE
      Posted By Scott Riddle In Consumer Bankruptcy Guide | Permalink | 0 Comments print this article

By: Scott B. Riddle, Esq.

From todays AJC -

A campaign to stem rising numbers of foreclosures locally and statewide was announced Wednesday by metro Atlanta civic leaders and elected officials.

Free counseling and a 24-hour hotline will be offered through the 1-888-995-HOPE campaign to help homeowners avert foreclosure.

In 2006, metro Atlanta ranked second among urban areas nationwide in its foreclosure rate, according to RealtyTrac, a national foreclosure database. Georgia consistently ranks among the top states for foreclosures per household in RealtyTrac's monthly reports.
      The 1-888-995-HOPE hotline will offer free, confidential advice in English or Spanish from counselors who can provide referrals and information about how to work out a plan that can avoid foreclosure.
      Suzanne Boas, president of Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Atlanta, said the foreclosure hotline is the first partnership of its kind in the nation.

"We are looking at and other people are looking at how to replicate this across the country," Boas said.

http://www.georgiabankruptcyblog.com/
      I needed this. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

re.Forecloure Hotline

<http://livinglies.wordpress.com/livinglies-general-store/about/orders-entered/news-and-blogs/>

My friends,
        before walking away or allowing your piece of the American dream to be taken from you, it will serve you well to remember that "It's Not His Income that Makes a Man wealthy, but His Assets."
        The link to the site above, is most timely in relativity to the crisis we're now experencing. This concept of "Toxic Derivatives" is so new, Lawyers aren't up to up speed in what needs to be done to defend against this contrived cancer, eating away at the American middle class. Here is one effort to fill this void for Laymen and Attornys alike. [MAKE THEM SHOW YOU THE NOTE]

<http://livinglies.wordpress.com/>
        http://http://livinglies.wordpress.c...ews-and-blogs/
        Last edited by Juanhar; 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X