2nd Mortgage sent me certified letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Mortgage sent me certified letter

So my 2nd Mortgage company (Navy Federal Credit Union) has sent me a certified letter. I actually haven't seen it yet because we keep missing the mail man. They sent this letter before we were even 60 days late. ODD? Also, we just filed BK, Chap 7 so I know the stay is in effect. We're about $130-$140K upside down so the 2nd would get nothing and actually lose more money if they foreclosed. I think this is a scare tactic.....has anyone else received certified letters from their 2nd when being upside down?

Personally I don't really care at this point. I'd be happy to move. I just don't see my area recovering in 10 years. It's like throwing money away.

Do you have to answer this certified letter?? I have a HELOC too and am waiting to see what they would do. I plan on filing 7 as well for both 1st and second.

Comment

Navy Federal is the worst of all my creditors. If you are late, they will call everyday until you give them your case number. If you haven't filed yet they will call and if you don't answer, they might call relatives. I only had a credit card with them. I answered the phone on Friday, didn't answer saturday, Sunday they called my siblings. They also FedEx some letters at some point. Complete waste of their members money given that I told them I was filing BK.
      March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
      Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

I have received them before when I avoided answering the phone. The overnight letter just said "We are trying to reach you. We can help"... blah blah blah!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I don't know if I have to answer...I have to get the letter 1st. I will let you know. As for NFCU, yes the kept calling even though I told them I had an attorney and filing BK

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X