CFK-how clean and other??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFK-how clean and other??

I have a few questions about cash for keys (CFK). When they say broom ready what does that mean? I vacumed (sp) and mopped inside but the back yard has weeds 6 feet tall and some debris, etc.

Also cal western is handling the foreclosure with a trustee sale of Sept 8. Should I contact now to work out a CFK? What concerns me is I am already moved out and am afraid if they drive by they will notice I am out and not offer a CFK or will they offer one to keep me from taking appliances, etc (which I will not do). Just curious as every little bit helps so I was hoping I could make a deal today and say if you give me x amount I will be out by trustee sale date or before.
    Thanks
    Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
    341 Hearing 3-24-08

IMO, "broom ready" means that the house is empty, no trash or debris inside, and ready to be cleaned.

If you are to have the inside broom ready, you should have the outside that way too. If I've got to hire a crew to go in and remove the trash from your yard and cut grass and weeds that are 6' high, you didn't do your job and I wouldn't give you any cash till you did.

Only my opinion....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

What you did inside sounds just fine. I would have the grass cut if I were you.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions/advice. I appreciate it. I figure I will call the company and see if they will offer a CFK before I clear the back yard weeds.
        Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
        341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

It can't cost that much to get someone to mow the grass. How big is your yard? Remember you don't want the house to look not lived in. You are still responsible for any breakage or hazards until the Title transfers. If you have insurance on it, keep it there also. It is only for your own protection. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Honestly grass is dead as I stopped watering it awhile ago due in part to foreclosure, in part to water rationing in San Diego, etc. The weeds are in the back yard and I got a quote of like 150 about a month ago as the weeds were starting to prevent my kids from playing. Still have insurance and plan to keep that until home is sold. I guess if someone were to drive by it would look not lived in as the grass is dead and no cars in the driveway and blinds closed.
            Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
            341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

Originally posted by monkatom View Post
              Honestly grass is dead as I stopped watering it awhile ago due in part to foreclosure, in part to water rationing in San Diego, etc. The weeds are in the back yard and I got a quote of like 150 about a month ago as the weeds were starting to prevent my kids from playing. Still have insurance and plan to keep that until home is sold. I guess if someone were to drive by it would look not lived in as the grass is dead and no cars in the driveway and blinds closed.
              I always hate it when I can't find my kids in the brush behind the house!

I doubt you're going to get a CfK offer if the sale date is September 8 and you have already left the property but it never hurts to ask.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X