FINALLY ! Maybe it really is over.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY ! Maybe it really is over.....

A nice gentleman pulled up today while I was getting ready to leave for work and served me with a bunch of papers. Asked me my name, handed me the paperwork and I signed for it. He left saying, "I'm sorry"....Opened them up and what do you know ? My Notice of Sale !! 03/18/10 in beautiful downtown Chino, CA. on the courthouse steps. And I was just getting ready to put insurance back on the darn thing, guess I won't be doing that. Re-Con Trust's timing saved me about $1500.00 So now it will become Skank of America's problem and my 3 year waiting period begins. Time to move on...And for those interested in the "start to finish time line" here in Southern California, from first missed payment to trust sale-16 months, included are the 3 months on hold while I was in Chapter 7. Good-bye Southern California real estate !! If I seem happy it's because I am...

awesome!

as for me, i haven't paid my mortgage since jan 2009 and also haven't paid my taxes/insurance. bank of america are paying them while i am living in the house rent-free. this past week, i just noticed i finally got a NOD. according to my research within my county, stanislaus county, i will get a trustee sale by mid-june and i should be kicked out of my home by late july, early august. i am too excited because i am starting over and moving to canada, eh! bye northern california!

Comment

Originally posted by 232323 View Post
      awesome!

as for me, i haven't paid my mortgage since jan 2009 and also haven't paid my taxes/insurance. bank of america are paying them while i am living in the house rent-free. this past week, i just noticed i finally got a NOD. according to my research within my county, stanislaus county, i will get a trustee sale by mid-june and i should be kicked out of my home by late july, early august. i am too excited because i am starting over and moving to canada, eh! bye northern california!
      Please do tell where to start the reserch so I can get a clue as to how long we have till we are out.

Comment

Congrats to you!

Still in the long wait here in Florida. 13 months now, no movement by BoA.

NoD last October, nothing since.

Hoping it can proceed soon, but not hoping too hard.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by 232323 View Post
          awesome!

I stopped paying on a rental house I owned in Stanislaus County in February of 2009. It was sold in foreclosure for $85K (from a high of $330K) the end of September. I did absolutely nothing to prevent or delay the sale so I guess that would be the shortest time frame available. Lender was Wells Fargo.

Funny thing is I got a $200+ refund of my insurance premium after the foreclosure sale.
          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

It's just a shot in the dark..

Originally posted by 325Falcon View Post
            Please do tell where to start the reserch so I can get a clue as to how long we have till we are out.
            Depends upon where you are at..Time-lines are really all over the place because the banks just don't know how to deal with them all. They are truly clueless. One hand does NOT know what the other is doing. For example, as stated today I was served with the Notice of Trust Sale. When I opened my USPS box at the post office there was a letter from Bank of America (Same address as on Trust sale too-Simi Valley, CA.) asking me if I would like a LOAN MOD.... From what I understand places like Florida are utterly overwhelmed with foreclosures. Texas seems to be the fastest and California and Nevada seem to be somewhere in between. I couldn't even begin to guess. Perhaps Google foreclosure time-lines for your particular state. Or just ask someone dealing with one from your area on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
              Congrats to you!

Still in the long wait here in Florida. 13 months now, no movement by BoA.

NoD last October, nothing since.

Hoping it can proceed soon, but not hoping too hard.
              Thanks DMC, but I'll still be hanging out here on this forum. It's been a great help for information and just plain moral support dealing with immoral institutions..And I like reading your posts in "General Talk"...

Comment

I'm glad you are happy

Out of curiosity, when did you receive your NOD?

Thanks!

Comment

Last mortgage payment was in July 2009. Just received NOD in January 2010. Getting ready to file CH 7 in the next few weeks and letting this home go. Should we let mortgage company know this? We are upside down almost 80%.......yes 80%. I tried working with WF for a year and they refused to budge. Now that we've received the NOD, we received a letter last week asking us to call to work things out. Too little, too late.....instead of scorning us over the phone for a year, they should have worked with us. At first we just wanted a rate reduction, fixed for life of loan. Now if we were to keep this house, I don't think we could ever retire. We racked up credit cards trying to keep mortgage current and when the cards ran out, we were out of options. I've started looking for somewhere for us to rent and I'm not sure how easy that will be. We have a good co-signer if necessary, but I'll just be glad when this whole thing is over.
                  Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                  Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                  341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                  Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by norcal View Post
                    Last mortgage payment was in July 2009. Just received NOD in January 2010. Getting ready to file CH 7 in the next few weeks and letting this home go. Should we let mortgage company know this? We are upside down almost 80%.......yes 80%. I tried working with WF for a year and they refused to budge. Now that we've received the NOD, we received a letter last week asking us to call to work things out. Too little, too late.....instead of scorning us over the phone for a year, they should have worked with us. At first we just wanted a rate reduction, fixed for life of loan. Now if we were to keep this house, I don't think we could ever retire. We racked up credit cards trying to keep mortgage current and when the cards ran out, we were out of options. I've started looking for somewhere for us to rent and I'm not sure how easy that will be. We have a good co-signer if necessary, but I'll just be glad when this whole thing is over.
                    "I tried working with WF for a year and they refused to budge. Now that we've received the NOD, we received a letter last week asking us to call to work things out. Too little, too late.....instead of scorning us over the phone for a year, they should have worked with us. "

Mam oh man, is it just me or is this the common stupid mistakes that the
                    " smart bankers" make?
                    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Originally posted by willsurvive View Post
                      I'm glad you are happy

Out of curiosity, when did you receive your NOD?

Thanks!
                      Last payment 11/08, received NOD 09/08/09, NTS received yesterday 02/22/10. Sale 03/18/10. BK stalled it for 3 months..

Comment

Originally posted by norcal View Post
                        Renting is EASY. At least in California, rents are down and remaining so. Just be upfront, you will have no issues. All landlords want to see is the ability to pay their rent. Rented a better house for less than half my former payment.

Comment

Thanks bulletproof77 for posting your experience. It helps those of us going through it right now. So when you received your NOD, did you have no clue when the NOS would happen? Also, are you still in the house? If you are still in the house, and it's sold, do you have an alotted time to get out?

Thanks!

Comment

"I tried working with WF for a year and they refused to budge. Now that we've received the NOD, we received a letter last week asking us to call to work things out. Too little, too late.....instead of scorning us over the phone for a year, they should have worked with us. "
                            Same here, but almost 2 years. they gave us piggyback and 6 months until it reverts back. we are current but meeting with bk att. this week to figure out best plan to file and SEND IT HOME to wells freaking fargo.....a first, second and third they can shove.
                            Don't think we will be as lucky with the the foreclosure time frame though, just gut feeling, having been in the loss mitigation with wf and being in a very desirable area with maybe 5,000 in the hole total with all 3 loans?
                            any opinions on this?
                            hey i would love to keep the first, but i have a feeling it will be the 2nd and 3rd (wells too) who will foreclose first......it will be an interesting game to see who knocks first.......
                            did i mention i HATE wells fargo (heee hee hee)

Comment

I got you beat....

Filed Bk Chapter 7 June 08, CountryWide served us with relief of stay in August 2008, saying that we hadn't paid our Mortgage since June, which was actually incorrect seeing as they took the payments I had made in July and August and applied them to our past due property taxes, that is when I decided to throw in the towel and haven't paid my mortgage since, my bk was discharged in October 08 and received a Intent to Accelerate in Oct. 09 now they want to do a loan mod after previousely denying us but I am almost 200k upside down still no NOD or Notice of Sale 19 months and counting.... good luck everyone

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X