Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
    Thanks for the update, Sounds like it might finally be over, and you can finally get it behind you. But it could get cancelled or sale delayed.
    I know we are ready for our forclosure to get over. We got another mod package in mail saying final offer.
    Who you initiate a delay or cancellation? The bank or the court? I don't see the bank stalling any longer really.

Comment

A friend of ours got his Sale Auction rescheduled after he had already moved out.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Today , BOA sent another letter offering a final modif offer. Then out of blue after no statement for 18mos, we got a monthly statement showing our new pmt amount. HA HA like I am going to pay after 2 yrs. We did our Escrow statement also showing they are paying the insurance and taxes and tacking it on to our balance We are delinquent 40,000. Is this a joke?
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

No joke. I broke the 40K mark as well. They tack on everything in case the case goes to trial and they go after you for the balance. If they don't tack it all on and let you know about it, that can actually help you defend a case. If you have had nothing after 18 months, might be worth filing a motion to dismiss based of lack of prosecution. It would make them start over if granted.

Comment

We wish it would move on as we are ready to move on. It has been 6 mos since the LP. I checked today nothing filed in courthouse.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Hello,

I have a Seterus...they sent a temporary modification last week...second one...

I wanted the permanent mod numbers as far as interest rate and amount owed on the mortgage...I was told, that I had to pay the temporary mod for 3 months and then they would offer me a permanent mod...I am a Fannie Mae loan also. So no principal reduction either.

I am in a BK 13...I am doing this for stripping of second...

I have no Lis Pendens on file either

There is a NACA event in Florida, Fort Lauderdale to be exact...should I go and bring the temporary mod and ask for specifics of the permanent? can I get a permanent mod at this event??

Thanks

Comment

All I can say is , If you want to save your home please have a attorney helping you. We got all the mod notices with no promises just asking for money. We are too upside down to bother.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

The other day I received another modification letter saying thanks for contacting us about the hamp program. These must be random canned letters cause we never contacted them.

Today we just secured a rental property for the next year. Lease to begin on September 1 which fits perfect to our timeline. Met with the owner and the property manager. This move will cut our commute time down 3/4 the distance we were driving saving us $350 a month in gas plus a lot of wear and tear on 2 vehicles. This house has everything we were looking for in a place so we are pretty excited. Lots to do in the next month.

After the year is threw, planning on moving out of state. So the next year I will be working on clearing out the final debt that we have so when that time comes we have little debt, if any. Then looking for places to live permanently. Set up roots and start a family. The plan is coming together. Filing Bk and letting the house go I think helped us more than if we never bought the place at all. No regrets.

Comment

Thanks for update. Glad you found good place to move. We have have had no action on our forclosure.
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Well keep riding the wave as long as you can. Time for us to move on from this. Though I greatly enjoy the free rent and I could probably stall this more if I hired another attorney, I don't think it is worth it anymore. Have to keep following the plan. Keep us updated on your case.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
                        The other day I received another modification letter saying thanks for contacting us about the hamp program. These must be random canned letters cause we never contacted them.

Today we just secured a rental property for the next year. Lease to begin on September 1 which fits perfect to our timeline. Met with the owner and the property manager. This move will cut our commute time down 3/4 the distance we were driving saving us $350 a month in gas plus a lot of wear and tear on 2 vehicles. This house has everything we were looking for in a place so we are pretty excited. Lots to do in the next month.

After the year is threw, planning on moving out of state. So the next year I will be working on clearing out the final debt that we have so when that time comes we have little debt, if any. Then looking for places to live permanently. Set up roots and start a family. The plan is coming together. Filing Bk and letting the house go I think helped us more than if we never bought the place at all. No regrets.
                        Congrats on the rental. Did you have any problems getting approved?
                        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                          Congrats on the rental. Did you have any problems getting approved?
                          Thanks, No I didnt. Although I am not really sure they really checked. Think they were more concerned with length of employment (9 years myself) and adequate income.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
                            Thanks, No I didnt. Although I am not really sure they really checked. Think they were more concerned with length of employment (9 years myself) and adequate income.
                            Good to know Glad things worked out for you. I get those mod letters from WF about once a month now. Nothing else.
                            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

congrats cory on securing a place. i know we have a TON of places here that are empty, not so much in our immediate community, but surrounding areas. here in florida i think things are still moving rather slowly with the foreclosures since there are so many.

freddy, hope you're doing well!
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I went to the NACA event here in Fort Lauderdale today...I was told by the rep for the mortgage lender when looking up my file, "you are good till April 2013, no action to foreclose till then at the earliest". Would this type of info be readily available for her to read and then communicate to me? Seemed oh so strange...

IF April 2013 is the start of foreclosure proceedings, then if I fight with an attorney, I am looking at possibly another year in my place

Has anyone else had a rep tell you the date of the foreclosure proceedings commencing???

Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X