Cash for keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash for keys

How does one go about getting the cash for keys?

One way you get it is by agreeing to a Deed In Lieu. If you meet the requirements many lenders (BofA is one) will also offer cash for keys to qualified owners. In my case I was offered up to $3000. I would call your lender and ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by lorrieduke View Post
      How does one go about getting the cash for keys?
      Another way I understand CFK process, is when the bank forecloses (Sheriff/Trustee Sale) and you still occupy the property, the bank or their representative may offer you cash to move out and guarantee you won't trash the place versus paying to have you evicted

Comment

Oh, so the Cash for Keys offer comes from the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
          Oh, so the Cash for Keys offer comes from the bank?
          Correct.

Comment

The deed in lieu C4K is a little different. At least that was how it was when they offered it to us. It had all these stipulations and there could be no other leins on the property (we had a second) and the paperwork kept stressing that they MIGHT give us some money if we signed it all over.

The C4K we are wanting now comes AFTER the sale of the home at auction.

Comment

I don't know if I want to stay as long as after the sale, but my neighbor really wants my house for her son, so I might talk it over with her.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X