top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG how long will trying to modify with Chase go on????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG how long will trying to modify with Chase go on????

Long story short I have been trying to do a modify with Chase for about 7 months, send everything they ask for, 2 months later always get a call for new docs since expired, send new ones, etc...have documented and follow thru...I can recite it better then the lady in India.

Today I get a call that my case has expired (hello asked for another app on 1/3 faxed 1/6), I go postal and am told its my job to follow thru to make sure they have the docs, I explained I faxed to the correct number using the supplied cover sheet,etc....Sorry sir appears that fax number is not working at out imaging center...If I must save the house we need to start all over.

At this point I have saved 24k and am living in the house and if they are going to play that game I will do the dance for years??? I am so sick of trying, let them deny it and then do Florida state mediation. About a 6 month backlog on that.

Also, Have a PNG and Countrywide/BOA for 2 condos that the banks started to foreclose on and ran away so am going to rent them as well after 6 months of please come take them.

Almost more fun then Vegas...heck I never thought I would have 250K to lose anyway

I have seen in the news, attorneys and home owner advocates fighting about this, saying that the mortgage company does a lot of slimy tactics including not answering their fax, giving the wrong number, saying they never got the documents, etc. etc. until they can finally take your home away.

It took me months of dealing with Indymac bank to get my loan mod to go through. I mean hurdle after hurdle, letter after letter, call after call, document packs after document packs. They did give me a loan mod, then the second one they dramatically jacked up the price, then at the end they showed me my next loan mod was actually going to be higher than my original loan amount.

Comment

We just finally gave up with Chase and filed BK. Started the process in August 2009, got an immediate temporary "approval" on the phone and a reduced payment, next month a phone call that the first guy didn't know what he was doing and wasn't allowed to do that, so new reduced payment amount given on the phone, but told not to pay it for 3 months, then start in on it. Went to make that payment when the time came and the bank couldn't accept the payment any longer. New process of filing out paperwork, faxed in and called weekly for months, nothing. One day we get a letter that our mod was denied due to us not complying by sending in our bank statements and pay stubs (we were NEVER asked) and that our entire past due amount was due in 3 days (with all three of those days being non banking days no less, Sat, Sun, and Memorial Day). Re-did paperwork, every couple of weeks received a notice that in order to not jeopordize our mod application we need to send in this document and that document, faxed them in, never get any resolution. In the past 6 months we must have gotten that same letter and re-faxed, mailed, fedexed the same documents in at least 15 times. Absolutely ridiculous. We filed BK and exempted the house and will attempt to deal with the mortgage by either re-affirming or wait to start the forclosure process and get caught up in the 12 months or more that process takes. It is a JOKE!

Comment

Thanks everyone for making me confirm this is all just a big waste of time! I figure at this time they are not touching anything in Florida and if they even try then theres the mandated mediation and that takes 6 months, then another 6 months....how long can we go???? Yes I might never get that 250k back (remind me next time to do no money down if I am ever that stupid). Then again never thought I would have 250k to lose!

At least with mediation I have someone to confirm what I have well documented and not someone in India going well I am sorry sir...do you want to kepp the house...U pay now..can you fax your personal info to everyone in the world now please Mr...

Then its time to tell MR Obama TARP is not working...hello??? You cant even get to the front door becuase I am so sorry sir, need new documents, Sir no Documents recd, I am using the damn cover sheet, your number and have the proof I faxed it....sorry sir imaging system must be hacked by Russians...I mean where does it go???

Soon I will get another mailing of I hear you want to save your house....please include.......

Comment

Agreed....I was all ready to do the 3 month trial if that would ever happen was not paying a cent until it was signed and delivered.

Comment

This is all very interesting to me. Thank you.

When I first tried to save my house, I sent in all the paperwork and they kept asking for more. Did that. Heard nothing. Then, 6 months ago I stopped paying on my house and saving for a lawyer. Then, in December, they sent me a fed-ex package from Urban Lending Solutions for BofA sayong they need important information for a Making Home Affordable modifcation and asking for the same information I sent BofA a year ago. The back page states it is an attempt to collect a debt and they are retained to assist customers who may be eligible for a Home Affordable Modification Program.

I ignored it as my house is so underwater - over 50k - that I am not trying to save it, plus being unemployed.

Now I get another one,this time saying I have to respond by January 27.

Are they going to do this every month? I haven't paid since June and still no sign of a Sheriff's sale. WHAT are these people doing?????

Comment

Originally posted by sh1035 View Post
              Long story short I have been trying to do a modify with Chase for about 7 months, send everything they ask for, 2 months later always get a call for new docs since expired, send new ones, etc...have documented and follow thru...I can recite it better then the lady in India.

Today I get a call that my case has expired (hello asked for another app on 1/3 faxed 1/6), I go postal and am told its my job to follow thru to make sure they have the docs, I explained I faxed to the correct number using the supplied cover sheet,etc....Sorry sir appears that fax number is not working at out imaging center...If I must save the house we need to start all over.

At this point I have saved 24k and am living in the house and if they are going to play that game I will do the dance for years??? I am so sick of trying, let them deny it and then do Florida state mediation. About a 6 month backlog on that.

Also, Have a PNG and Countrywide/BOA for 2 condos that the banks started to foreclose on and ran away so am going to rent them as well after 6 months of please come take them.

Almost more fun then Vegas...heck I never thought I would have 250K to lose anyway
              we were involved with a loan mod for over a year with no answers from chase...we even had our own "personal" loan mod officer working with us.......AND we hand delivered every document so there was no question about what they did and did not receive.....well...instead of hearing any word we got served a foreclosure summons....nice... so we didn't even answer it and left after 33 years.

can you believe AFTER our discharge....and almost 3 years later chase contacts us...and we now live 1700 miles from the property...and told us that WE re-opened our loan mod????? crazy or what...we surrendered the house during the bk....CHASE is nuts! and that's just our personal experience...wasn't very good at all...
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X