No announcement yet.

When did you stop paying mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me, jimbo, even without answering, thereby getting a default judgment, it still takes a long time in New York. My bank has been making me offers too. I actually kinda wanna get out, but if I can stay, I'll take advantage.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

A FC defense lawyer told me that in NY it cost the bank 50-80K in legal fees to FC,

So if you're saving them legal fees you can get cash for the keys if you play it right.

25K at a minimum to settle.

Comment

Say it ain't so! My ears perked up. LOL. My house is barely worth more than that. LOL. I wonder if they'd just leave me alone? LOL. I doubt if they can sell it for more than $120,000, cracked basement and all.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

1. What's your state? Minnesota
          2. When did you stop paying? June 2010

3. Are you still in the house? Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). Have heard nothing since BK. Waiting on Sheriff's sale (no notice yet) and then there will be 6 months before I have to be gone. Hoping this will last until next spring as moving in winter will not be pleasant, but holdong on anyway.

Comment

1. IL

2. Sept 2009 -- filed CH7 January 2010, discharged May 2010

3. No

4. Auctioned/sold in October 2010

Maybe the fact that we were in the process of Ch7 and indicated we were surrendering the home sped up the auction process?

Comment

Yea, goblue, that was fast.

Comment

1. California
                2. March 2008
                3. My company transferred me to Dallas, TX. We converted our home to rental property. We have a tenant with a 1 year lease. BofA is paying the property taxes and were paying the insurance. We picked up the difference on the insurance now that it is investment property. We pay a very small HOA fee. All of the remaining rent goes into our investment accounts.
                4. Bank of America has never filed a NOD. They agreed to do a Deed in Lieu but then never followed through with any paperwork. They totally dropped the ball and we haven't heard from them since. They are the stupidest bank in the world. They deserve to fail.
                Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
                341 Meeting - 7/31/08
                Discharged - 9/30/08
                Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

1. Ohio
                  2. March 2009
                  3) It was always a rental house, tenants lived there rent free (they stopped paying rent and we were in a position with my husband laid off that we couldn't even pay to have them evicted) until the house was sold - May 2011.
                  4) Foreclosed - May 2011. It was a small, local bank, so that might come into play.

We have not filed BK. We just went through another layoff, this one only 2 months. We know we'll eventually file, we just need to scrape together money to file now. Our house we are behind in and getting notifications to help us save our home through a remod. They weren't interested in a remod once DH lost his job though. And yesterday we received a "put your home up for short sale" letter. We're planning on filing in the coming months and we're already about 4 months behind, with BOA, formerly countrywide. Not sure how it will all play out with them. We didn't hear a peep from the local bank, other than "past due" for a good year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                    Dang, tobee. Ya coulda been a millionaire by now with all that saving.
                    don't i wish..the utilities ran about 1200 bucks alone. shoot that's what it cost me for everything down here...all utilities, car insurance, mortgage, food...all of it!!!!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      don't i wish..the utilities ran about 1200 bucks alone. shoot that's what it cost me for everything down here...all utilities, car insurance, mortgage, food...all of it!!!!
                      Well, you definitely made the right decision.

Comment

Again, thank you all for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                          Well, you definitely made the right decision.
                          we think so???? we do really like it here. but i must admit it's a culture shock!!
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

With my utilities at 70 per month (although with the bad winter and now summer heat it's about 100) I am thankful BofA is taking so much time to get this foreclosure going. Still nothing here and they should have done the Sheriff's sale last December.

Comment

1. Illinois
                              2. July 2010
                              3. Yes
                              4. Filed General Appearance earlier in the year and still no court date.
                              Filed C7: 03/09/09
                              341: 04/30/09
                              Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                                With my utilities at 70 per month (although with the bad winter and now summer heat it's about 100) I am thankful BofA is taking so much time to get this foreclosure going. Still nothing here and they should have done the Sheriff's sale last December.
                                i would stay until the very last minute under those circumstances!!! but don't want until that final moment to research where you are going. just in case. although, i think in your area, much like here in florida, there are many empty places to be rented. correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X