1.Wisconsin
    2.September 2009
    3. yes
    4. foreclosure not yet started

Comment

1. What's your state?.........................Maryland

2. When did you stop paying?..............08/09..........Last Payment

3. Are you still in the house?................Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun)..........................Foreclosure filed in 04/10............still haven't been advertised..........haven't heard a word in over 12 months now

Comment

1--Florida
        2--Last payment February 2010
        3--Still in my home
        4--Haven't heard a thing from BofA. Sent a FedEx package 2 months ago asking if we wanted to try a loan mod. We didn't answer.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2010. Discharged August 2011.

Comment

1. What's your state? Missouri

2. When did you stop paying? November 2010

3. Are you still in the house? No

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). It is done. Got our sale date of June 30th, 2011 just two weeks after our chapter 7 discharge. We moved on June 25th. My sister, who hasn't paid her mortgage in a year in a half, has still not been foreclosed on. She is with Chase Bank. We believe our foreclosure was fast because we were with a small bank (Flagstar).

Comment

1. What's your state? Michigan

2. When did you stop paying? May 2011

3. Are you still in the house? Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). Received letter from bank's Attorney, stating they have been asked to foreclose and I had 30 days to respond. Date of letter 8/12/11. We have not/will not reply.

Perhaps bank name might be helpful. For us, it is GMAC
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

1. What's your state? IL

2. When did you stop paying? Sept/07

4. What is the status of your foreclosure/ no word after filing reply back in Jul/2010

I quite honestly never thought we'd stil be in the house after this long. We abandoned the home in our Chap 13 in 07. Decided we'd stay till we had to leave cause we couldn't afford to move. I have a post from back then here in th foirum asking about how long i could stay. Our Chap 13 payments = almost to the dollar what our mortgage was. It's been stressfull at times- but God really does work miracles if you put your trust in him.
              Chapter 13 Filed - Sept/07 Plan Confirmed - June/08
              "'Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." Lewis Carroll

Comment

Missouri

December 2009

Moved out in May 2011

No - we received a notice from a local lawyer 3 months ago stating that they were contacted but had not yet reviewed our file.

Comment

State is NH
                  August 2010 was first missed mortgage payment
                  Moved out in July during the BK
                  Foreclosure had begun before we finished our last HAMP application. (Offered a mod, but it was insufficient after job changes required either an EXPENSIVE commute or a staff housing room in the out of state job location) Foreclosure sheriff sale date is 9/30.
                  Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

1. What's your state?
                    MD

2. When did you stop paying?
                    2nd totally underwater stopped April 2009, they threatened but couldn't do anything
                    1st about $50k under on a VA Loan stopped Jan 2010,

3. Are you still in the house?
                    For now. Planning on getting out in next month or two. But free housing has allowed me to fix my kid's teeth and make the cars safe.
                    4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun).
                    Waiting on Ch7 discharge. 1st filed and got relief from stay about a month ago. MD is a judicial state so I figure (hope) I'll get fair warning to get out. See ya moneypit. Sorry neighbors.
                    Credit ain't Cash

Comment

Billssuck,
                      I am in Chapter 13, house is underwater, so far we are current on payments. I spoke with my attorney and all she suggested is a short sale. Talked with a realtor, and she said the bank (Bank of America) will never do the short sale. So, I was wondering if you let your attorney know first that you were going to stop paying, or did you just stop...and wait? If you just stop paying, doesn't that mess up the Chapter 13? Thanks!

Comment

1. What's your state?
                        OR

2. When did you stop paying?
                        Today!

3. Are you still in the house?
                        Yes, and intend to milk it as long as possible.

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun).
                        Discharged in BK. Let the game begin!
                        Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
                        Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
                        And definitely NOT an attorney.

Comment

1. What's your state? - California

2. When did you stop paying? - 11/1/10

3. Are you still in the house? - No, moved to be closer to work.

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). - Trustee's sale was on 7/18/11, but the the house is in limbo at the moment because I filed a Chapter 7 on 7/15/11.
                          Chapter 7 Filed: 07/15/2011, 341 Meeting: 08/24/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 08/27/2011, Discharged: 10/31/2011, Closed: 11/04/2011

Comment

Thank you all so much for your replies. The more I read, the more I see that I can stay in my house for quite a while. I just wanted a feel of the length of time I have in the house before it's foreclosed. Being in New York, I'd say it may be quite a while.
                            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

1. What's your state? NY

2. When did you stop paying? Jan 2012

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). Not yet

Drowning, you are my inspiration here. Also NY and just got turned down for mod. Said they are going to refer it to FC. I want to stay and also heard that a mod can be negotiated during FC. Ch 7 discharged this month. Is anything different that my bank is a credit union? They keep telling me that no sale date has been set yet both on the phone and in a letter. What do they mean by this?

Comment

oh my goodness.....I needed a different lender or something!

We couldn't pay our mortgage starting in May 2012...Citimortgage wasn't playing around I guess and had a sale/auction date on the court house steps on October 16th. We were even in contact with them trying to use their hardship program and modify our loan (which was a joke...they "lost our paperwork" and then didn't contact us...what a mess).

So it only took them literally 5 months to auction our house and kick us out (we stopped it b/c we filed BK 13).

We should have lived somewhere else lol.
                                Got behind with mortgage due to high risk pregnancy. Went through nightmare with Citimortgage trying to modify loan and they started foreclosure. Filed BK 13 ONE day before sale date of house. Feeling nervous but hopeful

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X