• Show
Clear All

1. What's your state?

property was or is nj

2. When did you stop paying?

late 07

3. Are you still in the house?
    no.

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun).

got first summons back in early 08, it's no where to date it is 2012 right??? not a thing.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Snax View Post
      1. What's your state?
      OR

Today!

Yes, and intend to milk it as long as possible.

Discharged in BK. Let the game begin!
      UPDATE: We are still in the home without a payment. Our lienholder is Citimortgage, and we have continued to communicate an intention to work with them toward refinancing the home at a prime rate for fair market value, which we are prepared to do if they accept it. Otherwise, we remain prepared to walk. So far the only thing that has really happened is that the person in charge of our case has changed. No notice of default or foreclosure pending at this time!
      Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
      Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
      And definitely NOT an attorney.

Comment

1. What's your state?
        WA

March 12

yes

Not yet begun ("pre"-foreclosure)

Comment

Originally posted by Snax View Post
          UPDATE: We are still in the home without a payment. Our lienholder is Citimortgage, and we have continued to communicate an intention to work with them toward refinancing the home at a prime rate for fair market value, which we are prepared to do if they accept it. Otherwise, we remain prepared to walk. So far the only thing that has really happened is that the person in charge of our case has changed. No notice of default or foreclosure pending at this time!
          If you refinance wont that throw the BK out the window on the mortgage. Did you mean get a modification?

Comment

1. What's your state? California

2. When did you stop paying? October 2011

3. Are you still in the house? Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). Mortgage with Citi. Have'nt recieved any official paperwork from Citi with the exception of a couple of letters saying they would like to discuss options. We requested a principle reduction and lower interest rate. Citi said principle reduction is not available on frozen accounts in California. We'll probably submit paperwork for a modification, but see little chance of getting something we can live with. Hoping we still have another 3 or 4 months?

Comment

To those who did not reaffirm their mortgage: Offers of modifcation, but not serious as would not qualify for one. (second mortgage) we never responded to any letters or collection attempts.

1. What's your state? Florida middle district of florida.

2. When did you stop paying?May or jun 2010

3. Are you still in the house?Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). LP filed 11-30-2011, 11-10-12 Notice of conference 2-13-2013, request for summary judgement 11-13-2012 No hearing date set yet.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

1. What's your state?
                WA

March 2010

No moved out Dec. 2011, although we should have saved to cont to save $$

LP. filed Aug 2010
                Bk Nov. 2011
                Bank has not moved on house yet.

Comment

Thanks to all again for your replies. In June 2012, I found out that my house was up for sale in September 2012. I realized that it was hard to rent in my neighborhood so I tried to modify and succeeded. I guess the time it takes from first stop payment to foreclosure in New York State, is approximately 2 1/2 years.
                  Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

1. What's your state? Louisiana

2. When did you stop paying? March 2010

3. Are you still in the house? no

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). sheriff sale 4/2012. House went on the market for 3 days and sold. we owed 180k sold for 115k+-. It was rented out by the buyers for $200 less than our old house note.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                      Thanks to all again for your replies. In June 2012, I found out that my house was up for sale in September 2012. I realized that it was hard to rent in my neighborhood so I tried to modify and succeeded. I guess the time it takes from first stop payment to foreclosure in New York State, is approximately 2 1/2 years.
                      I requested a modification with my lender. I haven't made a payment in over a year. May I asked about your modification? What type of interest rate, what did they do with the missed payments, any principlce reduction....

Comment

1. State: IL (Lake County)
                        2. Stopped paying on home in June 2011
                        3. No, but it's still mine and I'm renting it for a minimal amount of money.
                        4. Sheriff sale was 1/15/2013, they are saying I likely have until 4/1
                        Filed Ch 7: 12-31-08 in IL (Equifax) 469
                        341: 2-13-09 --- Held and Concluded 538
                        Discharge: 4-15-09 - 601 NOW
                        I came, I went, I saw, I was discharged. Thank god for this board.

Comment

Originally posted by ace300s View Post
                          I requested a modification with my lender. I haven't made a payment in over a year. May I asked about your modification? What type of interest rate, what did they do with the missed payments, any principlce reduction....
                          Hi ace, I got 2.5%. I qualified for HAMP. Here's some info:

HAMP was designed to let homeowners avoid foreclosure by subsidizing mortgage lenders' modifications to borrowers' home loans. To qualify for a HAMP modification, you must:

•Use the home as your primary residence
                          •Have a mortgage less than or equal to $729,750
                          •Have gotten your mortgage before January 1, 2009
                          •Have a housing payment including principal, interest, property taxes, HOA dues, and insurance that exceeds 31% of your gross (before tax) monthly income
                          •Have a documentable hardship -- either a significant reduction in income or increase in expenses that was beyond your control
                          •Have a stable source of income sufficient to make a modified payment
                          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                            Hi ace, I got 2.5%. I qualified for HAMP. Here's some info:

HAMP was designed to let homeowners avoid foreclosure by subsidizing mortgage lenders' modifications to borrowers' home loans. To qualify for a HAMP modification, you must:

•Use the home as your primary residence
                            •Have a mortgage less than or equal to $729,750
                            •Have gotten your mortgage before January 1, 2009
                            •Have a housing payment including principal, interest, property taxes, HOA dues, and insurance that exceeds 31% of your gross (before tax) monthly income
                            •Have a documentable hardship -- either a significant reduction in income or increase in expenses that was beyond your control
                            •Have a stable source of income sufficient to make a modified payment
                            Thanks for the info Drowning. I'm hoping I can get a rate like that! I meet everything you listed except one.

•Have a housing payment including principal, interest, property taxes, HOA dues, and insurance that exceeds 31% of your gross (before tax) monthly income.

Right now my old payments were below the 31%. From what I've read that may be a problem for me...

Comment

You're welcome ace. Maybe other household expenses will help you out even if you don't meet the 31% requirement. Not sure. Good luck.

Comment

1. What's your state? Florida

2. When did you stop paying? Jan 2007

3. Are you still in the house? No, but we could be. The house sits vacant. Not in great shape, but with a little work . . .

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun)? Lis Pendens in October 2008. No further movement of any sort.

It has been a very long time. Hoping one day they will complete the foreclosure. Not terribly important, I suppose, as we bought another house a few months after our CH 7 bk.

Hope you are all well!
                                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X