top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argghhhh! Little bit frustrated here and it all could have been avoided!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argghhhh! Little bit frustrated here and it all could have been avoided!

I posted a while back that a kind fellow at PNC bank told me that we could sell the home that we left in June in a "pain free short sale". We decided to put it up for sale against the advice given on this board. Bad call. We have an offer, and it's more than what the guy from PNC originally thought we'd get. He wanted the HUD 1 form (or something like that) with all the liens on the home (taxes, etc.) and then the title company took a few weeks and got that info to my realtor. The realtor got it to the bank. Then we wait, weeks and weeks. My realtor calls him and leaves message after message. Finally, he gets back to her that someone else is now handling the account and he gives her the name. This new person has been horrible at communicating with my realtor and myself. She suddenly needed bank statements for the past two months, the past two years' worth of W2's and the past two pay stubs from my husband and myself. Then she needed a letter explaining why it's a hardship to pay the mortgage! What???? They need to review the info I gave them to approve or disapprove the short sale! I filed CH 7! I don't owe the bank anything and I'm not living in the house anymore so what's the issue??? I sent the info, without the "hardship" letter but in the email I practically begged her to call me and clarify why they need this letter. No calls, no emails, nothing. I call her and call her and I get nothing but voicemail. So I called to speak with anyone that could help me in that dept. and they're like "oh, this is being charged off!" Ok??? Then she says "oh, this is in foreclosure!" Well, the guy I originally spoke with was like "I'll stop the foreclosure proceedings right now, you just sell that house!" So, that was a lie? I feel like this whole thing is a big mess and I should have let it be. I was just trying to get it out of our names and not have to deal with a vacant property, and possibly buy again sooner but I'm so sick of banks and the games that I think I'll rent and invest my money instead and spend my time on things I enjoy instead of stressing out about home repairs and lawn care and other things I don't enjoy.
    Basically, I feel like he was just buying time so that they wouldn't have another foreclosure on their books for 2011. He never told me about having to qualify for a hardship, and I BUGGED him senseless with questions about EVERYTHING! A BK 7 is a pretty big hardship and now they are going to scrutinize my spending! Our budget is tight but I bet they'll find an "issue".

The potential buyer is getting very impatient. He's going to pull out if we don't settle by the 13th of December and I don't blame him. He's an investor and probably is used to this nonsense, but still it's a pain for him to deal with.

Oh, and the house is due to go up for the judicial tax sale on the 15th of December too so maybe it'll sell then?

Sorry but I had to rant. I know I caused this but the bank is playing games and I have nowhere else to go with my problem!
    Stopped paying cc's 11/1-2009, Filed Ch. 7- 4/7/2010, 341 Hearing 6/1/2010, Discharged 8/5/2010

WHY are you subjecting yourself to this agony?
    Just walk away. It's not your problem any more.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Don't send anything else to the lender. Let them approve the shortsale or foreclose. The buyer knew he was buying at a short sale and the risks that go along with it. It's not your problem if this is a pain for him.

You were smart enough to not reaffirm. Take advantage of that good decision. Stop playing their games and move on!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Make that vote three. You already went through too much stress. Don't invent more trying to be "a nice guy". Give it up. Tell the purchaser to deal direct with the bank and dismiss yourself from the stress. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Not to say I told you so, but I do see that I made some snarky remark back in August about "pain free my patootie". 'taint no such thang.

NOW... go make yourself a nice cup of tea and forget this whole thing ever happened. Get on with your new life, live long and prosper

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
            Not to say I told you so, but I do see that I made some snarky remark back in August about "pain free my patootie". 'taint no such thang.

NOW... go make yourself a nice cup of tea and forget this whole thing ever happened. Get on with your new life, live long and prosper
            LOL. 'Keepsmiling' I can't imagine a nasty word ever out of you. Just good advice. Sometimes people ask for good advice but refuse to take it. Not talking of this OP, but I've seen many who will argue the answer to their question until they get their "right answer" they were looking for. You've seen that too, I'm sure. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

vote number 4 here!!!

just shut the door and walk or run away to the nearest chill out point! no need for you to deal with these stresses any longer! i never met a short sale i wanted to be friends with, that's all i can say!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

In the spirit of the season, I give you the 5TH GOLDEN VOTE! Once you have been discharged, you have nothing to lose by doing nothing. Geez,if filing for BK is not proof positive of a hardship, I don't know what it!

Comment

The crap we have been going through with our short sale efforts and BOA before the chp 7 was filed is not worth ever dealing with another bank period. The chp 7 has stalled everything but we are withdrawing the short sale effort this month. It was 6 months of paperwork repeated over and over again to several people, tried to help sell the house with the short sale but they made it almost impossible so we surrendered it in the chp 7 and just walking away. We will not reaffirm our primary mortgage and will stay and pay for the time being until we relocate for husbands job. We will rent for a very long time as the banks will not hold our feet to the fire any longer, we will be free!

Comment

I've been away for a bit- thanks for the advice guys. I finally did get someone to take care of this and we had settlement last Friday. I could have let it go, and really I probably should have but I'm stubborn I guess

Psychologically, I am at peace. I don't have a house in my name anymore that I am responsible for. I don't have to worry about shoveling snow or water issues or people using my porch as their trash can (and getting fined by the city). I don't have to worry about someone falling on my property and suing me for all I have because I didn't have homeowners insurance. I can focus on my life better. So, even thought it was a big PITA- for me it was worth it. I don't plan on buying any time soon, and that's fine. Let my landlord worry about things that I no longer want to be concerned with.

Now I need to never make this mistake again!
                    Stopped paying cc's 11/1-2009, Filed Ch. 7- 4/7/2010, 341 Hearing 6/1/2010, Discharged 8/5/2010

Comment

DCC77, so the short sale went through? Did you end up having to give them your paystubs, bank statements etc.? We are going through this right now.

Comment

JacaG- well, I did submit the paystubs and w2's and bank statements in order to expedite the process but since we filed CH7 the person I was dealing with said that she didn't need them. She was totally backed up and I think she didn't realize we were a bankruptcy case.

After they sent an appraiser to the house and after the bank reviewed the offer, they approved the offer. They had to consider the fact that I had back taxes due and current taxes due and that they'd have to pay those off before the title could be released. There was also a bail bond that was erroneously placed on the house for a person that had the same name as my husband but was a totally different person. The settlement company got that taken care of since we could prove that it wasn't my husband.

It would have been easier to let it go, but something inside me just couldn't do it. You have to be very very persistent with the bank. Call them every day, email them. Keep the lines of communication open. They can and will use any excuse to put your file to the side and blow it off. You can't let that happen if you really want to get the house sold. In my case, we had an offer within a few days of the listing being made public on our MLS in mid October. We settled on January 20th which was the last day that the bank would have let us settle before the offer acceptance expired. This is a very time sensitive process on the bank's part. They can take as long as they want to process offers, but once they do you have a short amount of time to settle. So just be prepared for that. I had to get an extension because they gave me 9 days to settle and that was pretty much impossible so I got a month extra.

Good luck! Just be sure that you really want to do this. It's a lot of legwork and I was one of the lucky ones that was able to sell the house. Many others I think are just sick of the games.

Comment

good advice to be persistent...
                          We are working with a realtor who does short sales and they are negotiating with the bank, although 1 offer walked away in November not sure why and now we have another. The realtor wants a new set of financials for the bank to go with the 2nd offer. I'm just irritated that I keep having to send in info when it doesn't matter. I have a call into our rep at the bank (BOA) to see if it's needed or not. I really do want to go through the short sale because I'm sure they won't foreclose any time soon. We haven't paid the taxes either so hope that doesn't stall things.

Comment

I don't think you should have to submit any financial documents. Once the lady at my bank realized we were a CH 7 and we did not reaffirm the mortgage, we were told that they didn't need that financial info. She was the new rep assigned to my account and she had a lot of things to catch up on. The Realtor should know that but maybe they are just being cautious. Did you ever find out from the bank what they really need?

We didn't pay taxes either and the house went up for a tax sale but the bank paid for the back taxes to stop it from going up for the tax sale. Then the buyer paid the bank all of the back taxes with the purchase of the house and the bank got reimbursed. I don't think the tax thing is slowing you down, I think it's just the nature of these types of sales.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X