"3rd Party" Rep Stopped By Today to Check Occupancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"3rd Party" Rep Stopped By Today to Check Occupancy

Okay, so haven't paid my primary since Sep '10, everything was discharged in Nov '11. Primary company (IMB/OWB) did file to lift stay from BK proceedings back in Aug '11. Received two applications for modification, obviously no response to them.

My wife mentioned to me that a gentleman saying he was a "3rd party" stopped by just before I got home this evening to "check" to see if the property was occupied. Didn't say who he was representing, just that he was stopping by.

So, anybody ever experience anything like this? What about the implications of this. Also, curious as to how to approach this should I see papers show up in the near future. Don't want to keep the property, but also worth a shot to turn things around on the deed, if possible. Thanks in advance.
    Filed: 28 July 11 (Ch. 7) / 341: 6 Sep 11 / No Dist: 12 Sep 11
    Discharge: 9 Nov 11 / CLOSED: 15 Nov 11

If they had found the property vacant the next step for them would have been to secure it. winterize pipes, new locks, etc. Also when time comes, whenever that is, if they have a cash for keys offer then if yer still there you could benefit from it. If your not there then they don't offer a cash for keys, and don't have to evict you after foreclosure.

Aside from that means nothing regarding timeline. They will take the house back when they have cleared their previous backlog. They don't want their inventory to be too big.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by SemiSpook View Post
      So, anybody ever experience anything like this?
      Yes. It is standard procedure.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        Yes. It is standard procedure.
        All right. Any guidance on what I should do? Should I lawyer up or wait and see? Just want to make sure I'm prepared for whatever comes down the pike.

Comment

what would you lawyer up for? Has the foreclosure process already finished? or not started yet? I would think you've been discharged since last year
          they can start the foreclosure process at anytime without any regards to your occupancy. This would be you chance to maybe work out a cash for
          keys deal.

Comment

Process hasn't started, per se. Just received ANOTHER modification package today. Nothing regarding an intent letter in months.

I was thinking lawyer for the cash-for-keys portion (and I'm not throwing money down a hole, office offers a legal plan that covers that, though I should have signed up for that BEFORE I picked my original lawyer for BK).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X