Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mers

Hi everyone I have a few questions.

The Summons and Complaint have just been filed for judicial foreclosure, we have not received service yet but we noticed that MERS is also a named Defendant along with us.

Does anyone know why MERS is also a named Defendant?

It is also our understanding that the court can not issue a notice of sale until at least 6 months after the filing of the summons and complaint, then once the judgement of foreclosure is entered the sale may proceed, and once the sale proceeds we would given an additional 6 months to redeem. Is this correct?

Thank you to anyone who can help.
    Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
    341 Meeting 12-2008
    DISCHARGED 2-2009

MERS appears to be a servicing entity for mortgages. I am not sure why it would be named a defendant in your case, but according to their website, they have been involved in a number of court cases. Here is a link to their website:

Here is a link to the google list that popped up when I searched on 'MERS'.:

You may need to copy and paste that, or do your own search.

Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Angelina, thanks you and yes I searched them also. My understanding is they are a private company that transfers the deeds electronically to the register of deeds instead of a actual document being filed in person everytime there is a change such as one servicer changing the servicing rights to another servicer, weve has our servicer changed many times form GMAC, to Country Wide, to BOA, and now to Resurgent (which were contesting), we also understand the investor is Mellon Bank of New York who has now just filed the suit.
      Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
      341 Meeting 12-2008
      DISCHARGED 2-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X